Replicating an Obi Wan Grenade part

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi everyone

for certain (good) reasons, I'm in need of a windvane sleeve. This is such a petty, small part it can't be out of reach!

I asked around - Parks actually answered me in 2 min, offering to lathe and press-fit the sleeve onto my fan blades. I'd send him my part....are the sleeves stuck on? I didn't think they were, and I've heard horror stories about sending like...an MPP to him for replication. He makes incredible stuff, and I personally have no reason to not trust him, I just wanted to run it by everyone else

Also, does anyone else have this capability? or a busted grenade with the sleeve intact?

Thanks!

Tom D.

Yes! I figured he'd get back to me in a few days. I started this thread because I'm really excited to have taken a step into this part of prop replicas :)

Go Romans ... just be a little patient ... ... excitement heh ... a jedi craves not these things ... look at me I've been wanting an OB1 since 1981 ... got most of the real parts within the last 5 years ... still no grenade though :wacko

Chaim

Go Romans ... just be a little patient ... ... excitement heh ... a jedi craves not these things ... look at me I've been wanting an OB1 since 1981 ... got most of the real parts within the last 5 years ... still no grenade though :wacko

Chaim

Looking forward to see it completed someday. :thumbsup Do you have a thread with your recent parts?

Back on topic: I would ask Roman.. or parfait lumenier. He had found some real ones in france.:thumbsup

God call guys! It looks like some of Romans old grenade sleeves survived!

France you say? This grenade is also from France! WHAT ARE THE FRENCH DOING :D

- - - Updated - - -

Chaim

i can't wait to see your project! That is SOME patience, I wasn't even born until ten years later. ..

Yep ... rub it in fella's . . . I'm turning 50 in November . . . still I'm not even halfway :lol . . . and no I haven't posted my own OB1 thread ... until I have my greasy hands on a real grenade to my liking :wacko ... however ... I have pledged to myself to finish all of the other lightsabers, still waiting to be converted with accurate vintage parts, before Episode VII :)

Chaim

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back