Replicas as everyday wear - philosophy and practice...

I wear these on my vest at work everyday, few people get the 2nd one..
IMG_20211023_121318597.jpg

IMG_20211023_121415842.jpg

Along with stickers from fictional companies on my hard hat.

I have to mention I'm part of this club. I wear this watch 24/7. It's the same Chase Durer watch worn by Michael Weston in Burn Notice. And as a matter of fact I'm wearing a reproduction Indiana Jones Raiders shirt at this very moment. And that's just off the top of my head :)
It makes great everyday wear.

20211023_165350.jpg

20211023_165332.jpg

...Other than that I also wear my Wested Last Crusade jacket every now and then. To people, it just looks like a normal leather jacket... because that's what it is. But there have been a couple of times that someone stopped me and asked it if it was an Indy jacket, which in a way is what's cool about this stuff, only the biggest fans recognize it and it always leads to a fun conversation when it happens.
Ha! I've worn my Wested "Raiders" jacket with my dark brown Akubra Federation IV (most similar to the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull hat) and no one said a word. Of course, that's probably because I was wearing them with a tee shirt and jeans and, except for being almost the same height, I look nothing like Harrison Ford.

That said, I am someone who likes to wear and/or use the more "ordinary" replicas like clothing items, accessories (hats, pens, etc.), and such, just to see who might recognize them. I've met some very nice people simply because they approached me to ask where I got my tee shirt/hat/boots/pants/whatever.

I wear a Dr Jones Senior hat every day. And his waistcoat when I'm in kilts.

6mz1WeR.jpg

For non-Scottish outdoor festivals I wear my Chief Jim Hopper hat, and in this case my Allan Quatermain shirt. I'm wearing Chief Jim Hopper's watch too, can't see it here.

hyBFuEP.jpg

Attachments

• WGNKwof.jpg
    WGNKwof.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Ha! I've worn my Wested "Raiders" jacket with my dark brown Akubra Federation IV (most similar to the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull hat) and no one said a word.

In fairness, I work in a creative industry, so it's more likely that I'll bump into somebody who's into this stuff. Wearing the jacket plus the fedora though, it's hard to imagine no one ever noticed what they are, even if you're wearing them with a hawaiian shirt and flip flops.

For the past year or so I've been wearing my Cliff Booth replica Stuntmen's association belt buckle. No one ever has related it to the movie but I have been asked if i was a stuntman.

In fairness, I work in a creative industry, so it's more likely that I'll bump into somebody who's into this stuff. Wearing the jacket plus the fedora though, it's hard to imagine no one ever noticed what they are, even if you're wearing them with a hawaiian shirt and flip flops.
I think part of it is that most people are so involved in their own lives that they walk through life with a form of mental blinders on so they won't get distracted. Also, we here are a bunch of movie fanatics, and being fascinated by wardrobes and props makes us more detail oriented than the average bear so we're constantly seeking out these things.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back