Replacing lenses for Don Post Classic Action Vader

DarthTimeLord

Hey Everyone,

Newcomer to both the forum and costuming in general, but thanks to craigslist I was lucky enough to acquire a Don Post Classic Action Vader helmet. Knowing it's a good starting point, I wanna modify it to an accurate ESB Vader. Having done a lot of homework on Vader (two tone paint scheme etc) I know most of the mods & steps, but the one thing I'm kinda stumped on is the lenses.

I obviously wanna replace them, but I'm not sure the best way to go about this. So I guess the questions I have are:

1) Are there any good prop maker lenses out there suitable for the classic action helmet?
2) Should I make my own? If so, what's the best material?
3) How easy is it to take the old ones out without damaging the inside of the mask?

Again, I'm totally new at this and I'd hate to ruin a perfectly good helmet!

Thanks

Yeah, I followed what Facebook suggested and it turned out great. Took about 10-15 minutes in the oven at 180 degree (checking it all the time) to get the 3mm thick brown acryclic soft enough to shape it. Make sure you use oven gloves or something cause that sucker gets HOT. Once it's out of the oven you will only have about 1-2 minutes to shape it before it solidifies and you have to start again.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back