Removing Paint

stoods77

Hey,
can anyone tell me the best way to remove paint from resin without any damage to the resin? I got a badly painted Predator Axetor and want to remove all the paint from it. Any help would be apprecitated.

cheers

never tried paint removal, i'd be more tempted just to give it a couple coats of good undercoat to cover it up. you're gonna have to undercoat it anyways, so why not....

Oh, man. Good tip! I tried Deep Down Stain Stripper once, and it deformed the resin a bit, I lost a bit of the detail in the cast. Awful, awful, awful experience.

I've had good results with Easy-Off oven cleaner. Doesn't deform the resin and works a treat.

Spray the kit inside a plastic bag, leave the plastic bag in the sun for an hour or longer for better results and then scrub the kit gently with an old toothbrush in hot soapy water. The paint just falls off.

Repeat for any stubborn paint left on the kit. Make sure you wear gloves.

yep, in the u.k. it's called mr muscle oven cleaner spray from can turns into a foam. place inside plstic bag spray the whole thing twist top of bag and leave for about a hour use old tooth brush to clean off. any stubburn stuff re'do. works a treat and is quite cheap..

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back