Remembering Good Times at the Cinema

I'm amazed you have an N64 that's still in good shape! These are fairly "newer" generation consoles and they're starting to become rarities now. I still endorse going full emulation, Halliwax. Tons of mod support for a great deal of them; you can get some of these older games looking like a million bucks now.

I'm amazed you have an N64 that's still in good shape! These are fairly "newer" generation consoles and they're starting to become rarities now. I still endorse going full emulation, Halliwax. Tons of mod support for a great deal of them; you can get some of these older games looking like a million bucks now.
The upscaling and alterations can be superb..
I regularly play Tomb Raider 1 but actually keep the blockyness and I normally have it running on a three meter sized projector which is lush..

EDIT: Renamed this from the collecting movie ticket stubs, as its now reflecting that as well as general Cinema memories and themes.

I hardly go out to the movies anymore, but when you are younger, its the cool thing to do with friends....and then I got a job at the theater and worked there for 8 years. (1998-2006)
There were times in a Thursday night where a new movie was coming out the next day. Projection had built the new movies and were suppose to watch them and make sure they were going to play alright. There were actually a ton more movies from those nights I didnt have a ticket for. During business hours while not working, they could print a pass (free ticket) for myself and a friend.
We had 22 screens, so there was always plenty to pick from.

View attachment 1522532

The very left is the Star Wars Special Editions.
Then the 4 times I saw SW Ep. I
Then Ep. II eight times. (I seem to missing one of those tickets somewhere)
Ep. III seven times.
The 5th row starts with my oldest ticket, Independence Day, and runs down through the movies before I worked at the theater.
Row 6 has the three LOTR movies.
Fight Club
Lost in Space (first movie at my theater 4/11/98)
and the Matrix movies.
Everything on the right of those are just a random layed out mess, somw which are super faded and hardly readable anymore.

View attachment 1522533

View attachment 1522534

Newest is Ghostbusters: Afterlife
View attachment 1522535

Just thought I'd share some neediness. (Just saw what that said. NERDINESS!!! Not neediness. Lol)
Awesome. I thought I was the only one who saved these. I have a bucket going back to the mid-1980's of movie ticket stubs. Saved all my concert stubs too. Still even have my popcorn bucket from Ghostbusters 1984.

Awesome. I thought I was the only one who saved these. I have a bucket going back to the mid-1980's of movie ticket stubs. Saved all my concert stubs too. Still even have my popcorn bucket from Ghostbusters 1984.
Oooooh. You should post a picture, would love to see it!

I wonder if I can pick up how to do it.. is it difficult to learn how to program?

Around the time of the 2003 Hulk movie, my Regal had some large drink cups that had a DVD of 2 episodes of The Incredible Hulk tv show glued to the bottom in a thin plastic case. Sadly, I don't have it anymore, but was wondering if anyone else remembers this? And what are your best free theater promotional items?

When I was a kid a theater gave away glow in the dark ET fingers for a screening of it. More recent the opening day Solo promotion with the pins and the Han Solo gold dice. That was fun although the movie was not my favorite.

Around the time of the 2003 Hulk movie, my Regal had some large drink cups that had a DVD of 2 episodes of The Incredible Hulk tv show glued to the bottom in a thin plastic case. Sadly, I don't have it anymore, but was wondering if anyone else remembers this? And what are your best free theater promotional items?
Not being rude, but that was the first film I feel asleep to in theaters

I don’t remember the cup DVD’s either, we went opening night

I wonder if I can pick up how to do it.. is it difficult to learn how to program?

That's only if you want to develop your own mods. Most mods are just files that you drag-and-drop into specific game folders and you're done. Hell, some come with installers to install everything correctly.

...what are your best free theater promotional items?

As I implied earlier in the thread, it was whatever we liked that we could steal. ;) Honestly, the stuff I remember liking most were posters or standees that the theater was going to toss out after a theatrical run and I would grab the ones liked most.

That's only if you want to develop your own mods. Most mods are just files that you drag-and-drop into specific game folders and you're done. Hell, some come with installers to install everything correctly.

As I implied earlier in the thread, it was whatever we liked that we could steal. ;) Honestly, the stuff I remember liking most were posters or standees that the theater was going to toss out after a theatrical run and I would grab the ones liked most.
That’s right up my alley

One thing I also kept while working at the theater were the movie buttons/pins. Got quite a lot. But, when I moved in 2018 from FL to Idaho, and space between 2 cars was super limited for everything I owned, I had to part with a lot. I found a place that gave me like $10, but at the time, it was take the $10 or nothing....but now, I wish I had just ask my ex (as we are still friends eve now) to store them in a closet and I would have had her send them later on....too late now, many mistakes I wish I could undo.
At least I have this pic to remember them all. I had a few more (about 8) I found later on, but can't find that pic.
moviebuttons.jpg

Not rude at all, it was terrible. I wasn't even seeing Hulk at the time, they just had so many cups you got one no matter what you were seeing.

The opening Nightcrawler scene is still awesome
Hells yeah “multiple subjects” I loved that line!

I still have my Jaws in 3D glasses somewhere..

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back