Remembering Good Times at the Cinema

Do you guys remember this game? It was released in '93 and basically the predecessor to the one in Halliwax's post. They weren't widely distributed. I only ever saw them in Vegas. Sega ported it into a 32x game. It was tough as hell but the cool thing about it was that you had free control. It wasn't an on rails shooter like the follow-up. There was also a controller for a gunner. If I had room for it and if any still exist, I'd love to get one.
starwars_sega_arcade.jpg

In this video, it's the Japanese version so Japanese audio. In the American version it's Japanese voice actors speaking English. Their accents are very thick but it works so well; especially Ackbar haha.

nope, we really only had 2 arcades in my area, and when i mean area 15 miles in the opposite direct of my house. my area was always lacking in tenchology, seems like we got everything last or hand me down from other places in boston once the hype was over

looks really interesting though

i did how ever around that time play a game on my computer called yoda stories
1641766986911.jpeg

was like a legend of zelda, i loved it

nope, we really only had 2 arcades in my area, and when i mean area 15 miles in the opposite direct of my house. my area was always lacking in tenchology, seems like we got everything last or hand me down from other places in boston once the hype was over

looks really interesting though

i did how ever around that time play a game on my computer called yoda stories
View attachment 1532226
was like a legend of zelda, i loved it
Oh my god, I loved Yoda Stories, and Indy's Desktop Adventures (same exact style). What was so great about Indy was that it was such a small game it fit on 1 3.5" floppy disk. Nice, simple games

Oh my god, I loved Yoda Stories, and Indy's Desktop Adventures (same exact style). What was so great about Indy was that it was such a small game it fit on 1 3.5" floppy disk. Nice, simple games
i believe yoda stories i got on a cd, but the demo i brought home from the computer show was disk, had a few screens you could explore but there was no real mission

i rocked the hell out of the game.. loved it

Do you guys remember this game? It was released in '93 and basically the predecessor to the one in Halliwax's post. They weren't widely distributed. I only ever saw them in Vegas. Sega ported it into a 32x game. It was tough as hell but the cool thing about it was that you had free control. It wasn't an on rails shooter like the follow-up. There was also a controller for a gunner. If I had room for it and if any still exist, I'd love to get one.View attachment 1532222

In this video, it's the Japanese version so Japanese audio. In the American version it's Japanese voice actors speaking English. Their accents are very thick but it works so well; especially Ackbar haha.

Memories. Never could beat it on 32X.

20220109_164725.jpg

Digital? Jeez, it's been even longer than I thought since I've been to a movie theater. :confused:
You buy it digital, they show it digital.....how long until its digitally shot straight to your brain???
I'm sure digital projection is a ton better than working with film, but still miss that projected feel.
While seeing Ghostbusters, I could see a little pixelation on the edges of things. But it wasn't so bad and then I stopped noticing. For Spider-man, which was a different theater, it looked perfect.

You buy it digital, they show it digital.....how long until its digitally shot straight to your brain???
I'm sure digital projection is a ton better than working with film, but still miss that projected feel.
While seeing Ghostbusters, I could see a little pixelation on the edges of things. But it wasn't so bad and then I stopped noticing. For Spider-man, which was a different theater, it looked perfect.
Okay, I think I misunderstood what Halliwax meant when he mentioned not receiving a physical ticket--I thought he was talking about the ticket somehow being digital, not the movie projection; I don't think I've seen a non-digitally projected movie in over a decade.

Okay, I think I misunderstood what Halliwax meant when he mentioned not receiving a physical ticket--I thought he was talking about the ticket somehow being digital, not the movie projection; I don't think I've seen a non-digitally projected movie in over a decade.
That too actually. At least if you buy online, which would be digital, and therefore might not receive a ticket.
I did get a ticket from a friend buying Spider-man online, but it was that super flimsy receipt paper that fades over time.
Nothing beats the old tickets like most of my first post here.

Found this disk box in the closest, so old disk can just go in an old box with other stuff and these ticket stubs will do better in here.
If I run into anymore around the room that didnt make it with all these, I can add to it.

20220109_173349.jpg

That too actually. At least if you buy online, which would be digital, and therefore might not receive a ticket...
I've purchased movie tickets online before, but I always had to print out a sort of "proof of purchase" form with a bar code on it, and I had to present it to the people at the theater so they could scan the bar code to verify I had indeed paid for a ticket, and for which movie and showtime. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've purchased movie tickets online before, but I always had to print out a sort of "proof of purchase" form with a bar code on it, and I had to present it to the people at the theater so they could scan the bar code to verify I had indeed paid for a ticket, and for which movie and showtime. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I remember that too lol buy them online and then print out these jumbo tickets on the paper lol

this is what i kind of miss about the tickets... first date with a girl you save the ticket stub, not anymore..

I was going through my old military yearbook looking for some photos and I came across this piece of paper. When I was stationed in Maryland (late 84-late 85) we had a post theater that would show movies for a few days at a time for something like $1.50. If I was off shift I’d just go. Alone, with friends, didn’t matter. The popcorn and soda was also super cheap. Sometimes I’d go see it again the next night. Those movies that I sat through more than once are marked with little vertical hash marks next to the title. There are movies on this list I do not even remember seeing.
6272FECB-0562-4E88-AA2B-F80388D09F4D.jpeg

back to the future baby!
That would be a great one to see in theaters. Never have.
I would want to watch these classics in an imax, but even if it only took half the screen...I want to HEAR it in an imax sound system.
Like when they released Jurassic Park in 3D close to 10 years ago....that theaters sound was ok, but a movie like that needs some good booming speakers.

I totally forgot this until just now. In basic training my entire training battalion was taken to the base theater about six weeks in to watch First Blood. We weren’t even allowed to have weekend passes yet but they figured we’d be inspired by John Rambo. I think they knew something because one week later we were bivouacked for about week in freezing rain doing our final field training.

That would be a great one to see in theaters. Never have.
I would want to watch these classics in an imax, but even if it only took half the screen...I want to HEAR it in an imax sound system.
Like when they released Jurassic Park in 3D close to 10 years ago....that theaters sound was ok, but a movie like that needs some good booming speakers.
I was lucky my amc had a back to back feature on the Oct 15th anniversary.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back