Remembering Good Times at the Cinema

I must have made this a few days after I put in my 2 weeks. Movie schedule is dated, 3/31/06.
I believe April 12th 2006 was my last day. Ill have to look and make sure.

20220108_182354.jpg

Can't sleep...sooooooo.....
This game, early 90s 3D racer from Sega.
We had it in the lobby for a few years.
One employee somehow figured out, that on the backside by the floor, there were these 2 metal things sticking out. If you took anything metal, like a normal house key, and tapped them at the same time, it would then bring up the debugging menu.
So after all movies started and everything was done and clean and we were just waiting for the last movie to be over. We would set it to play for free and race each other. It even had the sound test.
You could set the thing to cost like $10 a play...we didnt have a way to get the money, so no....thats just mean.
Not sure if I have video of us debugging it or not.

1990s-Sega-Daytona-USA-Twin-Arcade-Game_1567195256_417.jpg

The day episode one came out I got me and my friends tickets for the first screening in the morning

The theater at the biggest mall in our area had the Star Wars trilogy arcade

We had to have blown 30 bucks trying to beat it before we got into the show.. I guess we were having too much fun because the manager came out twice and said if we didn’t quiet down she was throwing us out (we weren’t swearing or anything, just cheering)

I’ll never forget it

6364AA2D-FE80-4DF4-B22A-75D13687A646.jpeg

It was so difficult back then.. being 12yrs old at the time it was couch cushions and laundry room floor looking for quarters lol

The only place that had it here was the ChuckECheese and I can't tell you how much money that thing had me waste; it was made to burn cash. It was the only thing that kept me coming back to ChuckECheese even if it meant getting odd looks for when I was getting a bit too old for that kinda place.

When I went overseas for a holiday trip, there was a joint that had the newer Star Wars Battle-Pods unlocked for free play. The spectacle is great but the feeling just wasn't the same.

The only place that had it here was the ChuckECheese and I can't tell you how much money that thing had me waste; it was made to burn cash. It was the only thing that kept me coming back to ChuckECheese even if it meant getting odd looks for when I was getting a bit too old for that kinda place.

When I went overseas for a holiday trip, there was a joint that had the newer Star Wars Battle-Pods unlocked for free play. The spectacle is great but the feeling just wasn't the same.
I occasionally watch the trilogy game play through on YouTube just thinking of the old days

One thing that always bugs me about such games is even if you win, you lose, because the game ends. Hey, I didn't die, why can't I keep playing?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back