Reliable Star Wars Replica Helmets Help

AnonCoconut

So im new to collecting replicas and im primarily looking for Star Wars helmets to collect. It seems to me that just about every company I find doing replicas has a reputation for not fulfilling orders and keeping customers waiting for years. Does anyone have any reputable replica companies to recommend?

I have a couple of RS Props helmets (they do commissions too). They only make original trilogy helmets though.

RS_PILOTS_34.jpg

So im new to collecting replicas and im primarily looking for Star Wars helmets to collect. It seems to me that just about every company I find doing replicas has a reputation for not fulfilling orders and keeping customers waiting for years. Does anyone have any reputable replica companies to recommend?
Start off with the Hasbro Black Series helmets. They are relatively inexpensive, and are licensed. Many of them are "close enough" and look good when cosplaying or as display items. Particular standouts include: The Mandalorian, the Rise of Skywalker First Order (Storm)Trooper, and the X-Wing helmets (Luke and Biggs). The Boba Fett is full sized and OK for what it is (nothing else beats at at that price-point). The Black Series Darth Vader is the "worst" in terms of accuracy/detail/size.

I have a full range of the Black Series helmets and they are the best. Licensed 'accurate' helmets from many other suppliers that go broke, don't delivery and generally mess you around for me just aren't worth it.

The black series can be purchased in stores are very accurate and very afforable. You'd have to be an expert in accuracy to tell them apart from other 'licensed' helmets from dubious sellers and most people could never tell the difference.

Start off with the Hasbro Black Series helmets. They are relatively inexpensive, and are licensed. Many of them are "close enough" and look good when cosplaying or as display items. Particular standouts include: The Mandalorian, the Rise of Skywalker First Order (Storm)Trooper, and the X-Wing helmets (Luke and Biggs). The Boba Fett is full sized and OK for what it is (nothing else beats at at that price-point). The Black Series Darth Vader is the "worst" in terms of accuracy/detail/size.
I was looking at getting the mandalorian helmet from them originally. I do really like the company but wanted to explore other options to see what else was out there. Really like the Anovo mando helmet but have heard a lot of bad things about the company.

I have a full range of the Black Series helmets and they are the best. Licensed 'accurate' helmets from many other suppliers that go broke, don't delivery and generally mess you around for me just aren't worth it.

The black series can be purchased in stores are very accurate and very afforable. You'd have to be an expert in accuracy to tell them apart from other 'licensed' helmets from dubious sellers and most people could never tell the difference.
I do like the black series helmets. Was just trying to see other options. Big fan of the efx helmets and anovo but both companies seem to have a pretty bad reputation sadly. Thank you for your input!

I do like the black series helmets. Was just trying to see other options. Big fan of the efx helmets and anovo but both companies seem to have a pretty bad reputation sadly. Thank you for your input!
My advice is to purchase a stormtrooper stunt or hero helmet from RS Propmasters to get your feet wet. RS is the best in the industry and always delivers to their customers, but there is a small wait due to their company’s popularity.

Sure, black series is much cheaper and officially licensed but it lacks direct lineage to screen used helmets. When you first hold an RS helmet you’ll begin to understand the importance of lineage. Their helmets look and feel as if they came direct off the set in 1976.

Or, you can start making them yourself by 3d printing. However, with that, you have to be careful on which 3d file you pick. Lots of them are out there, but few are actually accurate.

TazMan2000

My advice is to purchase a stormtrooper stunt or hero helmet from RS Propmasters to get your feet wet. RS is the best in the industry and always delivers to their customers, but there is a small wait due to their company’s popularity.

Sure, black series is much cheaper and officially licensed but it lacks direct lineage to screen used helmets. When you first hold an RS helmet you’ll begin to understand the importance of lineage. Their helmets look and feel as if they came direct off the set in 1976.
I believe thats going to be what I do to start out. Really like the scout helmet from them. Definitely not worried about a wait as long as I know ill get it. Thank you for your input!

Or, you can start making them yourself by 3d printing. However, with that, you have to be careful on which 3d file you pick. Lots of them are out there, but few are actually accurate.

TazMan2000
I've considered it but I'm not the most artsy person in the world. My painting would not do any justice lol Thank you for the idea!

RS Prop Masters as mentioned above. And try Cast from Original (CfO) Mark Edwards for ROTJ Stormtrooper, TIE Pilot and Vader too. Both these makers are having very accurate helmets.

I was looking at getting the mandalorian helmet from them originally. I do really like the company but wanted to explore other options to see what else was out there. Really like the Anovo mando helmet but have heard a lot of bad things about the company.

Vendors will depend on what helmets you want and what you want from the helmet. Some people want as accurate as possible replica of the prop and are willing to pay quite a bit to get that. Others want a reasonable looking representation but want to keep the price within a certain range.

For the Mando helmet the licensed makers are now the Hasbro Black Series, Denuo Novo, and efx. In general Black Series helmets are good values for the money, but are not accurate replicas of the actual props.

Denuo Novo took over the Anovos backorders and have certain helmets currently available on their site. They started shipping late August. People seem happy with the helmets they have received so far. Denuo Novo hasn't been around long, but appear to be reliable so far.

The efx fiberglass helmet has some issues with cracks or wavy lines where they shouldn't be wavy. Some of their Mando helmets are fine, some are not. It seems inconsistent. efx also has a PCR version. These usually fall between the Hasbro and fiberglass helmets as far as quality. efx has been pretty reliable with shipping PCR helmets.

The Black Series is the cheapest and people seem fairly happy with it, but it is more toy like.

The efx and Denuo Novo fiberglass helmets will cost over $700. The efx PCR helmet is $449. The Black Series under $150.

You can always check ebay for helmets if you don't feel comfortable ordering from the vendors. Many people order through well known reseller sites like www.entertainmentearth.com or www.sideshow.com.

For many OT helmets, RS Propmasters is great. High quality and usually shipped in a reasonable time. But it depends if they offer the helmets you want. RS Propmasters tries to replicate the actual prop as much as possible. Their OT stormtrooper helmet has bumps and odd shapes in places, but that is how the actual helmets were. The Black Series stormtrooper helmet is based on the Rogue One helmet and is much cleaner without the bumps and odd shapes of the OT originals.

It is important to decide what you want the helmet to be (accurate to the prop or not) and how much you want to spend.

There are usually posts about these helmets on this forum. I would recommend looking at the photos and reading the posts to get a sense for how people feel about each company.

If i can jump in here can anyone point me towards a vendor that makes a decent starkiller helmet? Something beyond a 3d printed one. thanks
I would recommend the one from Wicked Armor. It is a resin cast, though the ear sections are vac-formed. Theirs is the one used on the 501st CRL.

IMG_20200831_165306__01__01.jpgIMG_20200831_165419__01.jpgIMG_20200831_165334__01.jpgIMG_20200831_165401__01.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back