Red Jammer Y-WING build by dtssyst

This inclusion of a Battlestar Galactica ship in a thread about a Y-Wing makes me very uneasy and slightly nauseous...;)

You can't mix mythic worlds like this and not expect consequences. I mean how would you feel about a Klingon showing up at your Star Wars convention? How would you feel if an Iron Man cosplayer showed up at your 501st Legion meeting? Would you allow a Wall-E builder to come to your lifesize R2 builder's meetings? WHY, oh WHY would you put a BSG ship in a Star Wars thread? Don't you know the rules? The suspension of disbelief, perhaps the highest treasure and pleasure of fantasy worlds, requires that you not mix and match your genres and confuse the audience.

I was once on a subway in New York City and saw a woman reading Lord of the Rings. When she came to her stop she put a Harry Potter bookmark on the page to mark her spot. The pages darkened and curled, and the book immediately began smoking and the whole subway car smelled of sulfur...

(Okay, sorry for being a Star Wars purist and snob... I just had to get this off my chest)

Star Wars vs Battlestar Galactica, I know the feud is real. Lawsuits and all.

I really enjoyed the original BSG TV series. More so the later BSG series.

A few of my other all time favorites are: Lord of the Rings, Star Trek (movies and TV), Alien, Predator, Superman.

In college I learned how to tear a movie apart. It was a part of my training. This ruined my enjoyment of movies for a long time. I had to reset myself to enjoy movies/tv as I once did. Do not get me wrong, even today I still find many issues that I try very hard to ignore.

My main focus is to be magically transported to another place even if only for a few hours or less.

I am not a super fan of any. I can not tell you every tiny detail in any movie or TV series. If I need/want to know... I research it.
I actually dislike when someone can name (as example) what season/episode something happened. I get it, they are really into it. I on the other hand feel that knowing this much takes away the magic from my viewing experience.

The example of the wrong franchise bookmark in another franchises book. Why is one so focused on the bookmark when the focus should be on the transportation of ones mind into another place when reading the book? To me this is equivalent to pausing a movies to get a drink or a snack. Doing so is insignificant and has no relevance to the viewing of the movie.

To put any other subject in any of my post is not meant to be a disrespect to any franchise/series/other.
It is (in my mind) honoring them just as much if not more depending on the post and or subject matter.
It may also be something to wake a few people up and get a rise out of them (evil grin).

Last edited:
Oh I hear you, I hear you. But now I'm on High Alert because Star Wars is the only alternative mythology that owns serious real estate in my psychic universe.

On the bench...
Black primer on the A-Wing.
I hope to get more painting done on it over the next few days. maybe even finish it.

For Studio Kitbash...
Viper had a little work done too!
Sorry, could not resist. lol

Y-Wing update:
I have recently acquired and have the following in hand.
1/200 U-Boat IX-B
1/72 GINGA
1/72 M-4 A3E8 SHERMAN
1/25 Watkins decal sheet
All the remaining decal sheets from Microscale that I still needed.

A-Wing in stealth mode. :)
20200502_175536.jpg

A-Wing is finished.
Special note: I had to scale the decals so they would fit this build.

Below are just a few of the many photos I took.

This photo shows it unfinished. I just wanted to show that the cockpit and engines do light up.
7.jpg

8.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

This was a lot of fun and it was nice to get away from the Y-Wing for a bit.
Thank you for looking.

very nice build so far...Viper looks a great kit. along with the A-Wing...getting a NiceN easy Y-Wing for my 50th birthday, but I'd love to have a go at building this as you have - top stuff (y)

Thank you Chuffy 70
Nice thing about the NiceN kit is that it is a lot cheaper to build and looks to be a lot easier to build.
Happy Birthday to you as well !!!

I recently updated the cabinet that stores all the greeblies from studio kitbash. It also stores donor kits that i actually own! The drawer contains a few molds i made from some of the donor kits. A few other odd and ends are in the drawer as well.
20200731_204452.jpg

What is the Tamiya Jagdpanzer L/70 Lang donating? And the 1/20 Tyrrell Six-Wheeler? Are those for the 1/32 ESB Falcon, for DeAgostini upgrades?

I know a few are following this build with great interest. I sincerely thank you.

Apologies for not building faster.
Look for more progress and a lot faster too as I'm now back to having my office/model room back (long story).

It took me a few more hours than expected today to get what was accomplished on the second engine.

I scratch built the 'mount cover' from left over Saturn V parts. This is what took most of the time. It would have been a lot easier if I had another Saturn V kit on hand or 3D printed it. But, I wanted to see if I could, I did and I like it. :) .

More to go so. Please stay tuned.

20200810_181040.jpg

That looks freaking' awesome! Love how sleek and fast she looks at that specific angle -- almost elongated and stretched out, like a Concorde at Mach 2.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back