Recommend a Subscription Model Kit

masterjedi322

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've admired a lot of these subscription model kits from afar, but I think it might be time to take the plunge and get one. There are some that interest me, and others that don't, so looking for the community's thoughts on:
Thanks!

Sean

Have you checked out this RPF sub forum?

That new Enterprise D looks amazing. Actually, scub that, the Ecto-1 is massive!

Last edited:
That new Enterprise D looks amazing. Actually, scub that, the Ecto-1 is massive!
I’m a huge TNG fan, so the Ent D is definitely tempting, although the fit on some of the parts doesn’t say $1000+ kit to me...

The Delorean and Ecto 1 seem to have better finishes, so I’m really torn...

Sean

I've admired a lot of these subscription model kits from afar, but I think it might be time to take the plunge and get one. There are some that interest me, and others that don't, so looking for the community's thoughts on:
Thanks!

Sean

I am on the last 2 issues of the R2-D2, it's actually very well built and I have had a ton of fun putting it together. I have not had any major issues so far.

I am also about 9 boxes in on the Delorean, it's awesome looking and the scale/detail is crazy good. I have had a few very minor issues and I think some of the parts don't have the same quality as DeAgostini but they really are minor.

20210415_224246.jpg

Good Luck!

A quick question for those of you who have gotten these... I was about to click submit on ordering the Delorean, and noticed the fine print which seemed to say they would send out random stuff, unrelated to the model, and charge me for it (a la Columbia House/BMG, if anyone remembers that) unless I was quick enough to cancel it. So what kinds of stuff do they send and how hard do they make it to cancel those shipments? I've never seen it mentioned so I'm hoping it's not a big deal. These models are expensive enough, I don't know why they would feel the need to be scammy to scrape up more of our cash.

A quick question for those of you who have gotten these... I was about to click submit on ordering the Delorean, and noticed the fine print which seemed to say they would send out random stuff, unrelated to the model, and charge me for it (a la Columbia House/BMG, if anyone remembers that) unless I was quick enough to cancel it. So what kinds of stuff do they send and how hard do they make it to cancel those shipments? I've never seen it mentioned so I'm hoping it's not a big deal. These models are expensive enough, I don't know why they would feel the need to be scammy to scrape up more of our cash.

Strange, I have never had that happen yet...

I ordered the Enterprise-D and the first batch is supposed to arrive today. I'm a bit skeptical about how the saucer segments will fit and the lack of saucer edge windows is a bummer, but I figured I'd give it a go. This is the first time I've tried a subscription kit.

So I got the Enterprise today and put together the command deck. It's very well done. But when I look through the pictures of how it's assembled, I'm puzzled why the built the saucer into pie slices rather than half-rings. I'm guessing there was an engineering reason for this, but it seems to be that rings or half-rings would drastically cut down on the seam lines.

I was ready to pull the trigger on the D, but after seeing more pics, those panel lines on the upper secondary hull, and subsequently the windows, are terribly out of alignment.

Plus I learned my lesson with the Deagostini Falcon. About half the way through, Bandai announced their 1:72 Perfect Grade for a fraction of the price and it would be so much easier to display.

My money is on Round2 releasing a 1:1000 D in the near future and it will be more accurate that this D and cheaper.

I finished the R2D2, it's pretty sweet and works well!

I did hit up their site and notice that all their start was kits are gone (R2, X-Wing, Falcon). Does anyone know what happened? I have been searching around the net but I have not been able to find anything.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back