Really want to do a TMNT costume

4505marcel

Been into costuming for about 5 years now, while Ive done alot of different costumes I have always had this niggling to do a movie accurate TMNT costume. Dont know wether to have a stab at doing it and sculpt myself but I have never done anything like that or buy from someone who had already done it.
Ive searched but not really come up with anyone offering full costumes, or even pictures come to think of it. Im sure there out there? I really want to know about the contruction and also how easy are they to wear being that stuffed with foam or what ever is used.
Any advice would be greatfully recieved thanks.

I'm attempting it right now.... Im very much a novis but im confident i can do the muscle suit, bought a mask from heroprops though as i cant sculpt. If you want to buy one then deckstar does them, I was quoted $3000usd for the full suit with mask that has a moving mouth.

He's in new Zealand Though so shipping to the uk could be high, I think he offers various elements of the suit separately too. The thread is http://www.therpf.com/f24/ninja-turtle-suit-working-mouth-75747/

And his website is Dextar FX | A special effects workshop based in Christchurch, New Zealand. and shows the finished article....

Good luck with the build if you decide to do it on your own.

Same here. I've just started the head with moving mouth much like many others on this site. Problem is in the UK materials are hard to come by and expensive. My only problem at the moment is the feet.

Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back