(really low)budget green ranger build - now on dummy - final budget: 98.20 €

love it eyeof i had no idea you where making a green ranger to any tips on the helmet ? pitty your not in the uk would be so cool to get a pic of you in your suit with me in my realistic ranger (as im calling it) we would look awesome together
i made a standard pepakura helmet, hardened it with paper mache, and did the details with wall filler, then sealed it with pva glue. worked rather well, alltho its not as stable as fibreglass and resin.
if i would do it again, i would mix in pva glue to the wall filler too.

Awesome build, reminds me of when my little sister used to come into my room so we could watch it Saturday mornings
hehe yes, saturday mornings :)

when it said realy low budget I was expectin like a paperbag painted green or somthin but good job man doesnt look lowbudget at all
thx

im actually following your build on how to create the helmet.. ive already did the joint compound, what pva spray did you use to seal it?

wow thats an old thread xD

i just used regular pva glue with water, and sealed it till i had no more pores pop up.
haah sorry for bumping an old thread from the dead but it is still an inspring build and since I was practicing on how to make a ranger helmet but on a budget and saw how yours came out. i had to give it a shot. Would you mind listing the steps on how to harden the dry wall? I am really new to this type of thing.

haah sorry for bumping an old thread from the dead but it is still an inspring build and since I was practicing on how to make a ranger helmet but on a budget and saw how yours came out. i had to give it a shot. Would you mind listing the steps on how to harden the dry wall? I am really new to this type of thing.
well if youre allready set on the drywall, thats pretty much all you need to do, and then do a water/pva glue mixture to seal it.

i dont use drywall anymore, because while its hard, for 2 part helmets, its just not suitable because it will break out at the connections. i now use plastiform, which is a fiber modeling clay, something like paper mache clay. i do a thin coat over paper mached helmet, and then seal it with filler primer, or with pva/water mixture if i need it really cheap :) check out my newer threads for pictures :)

well if youre allready set on the drywall, thats pretty much all you need to do, and then do a water/pva glue mixture to seal it.

i dont use drywall anymore, because while its hard, for 2 part helmets, its just not suitable because it will break out at the connections. i now use plastiform, which is a fiber modeling clay, something like paper mache clay. i do a thin coat over paper mached helmet, and then seal it with filler primer, or with pva/water mixture if i need it really cheap :) check out my newer threads for pictures :)
sounds like another cool option I may try later :cool and alright, hopefully it cam hold up lol.. after all its a "test" build attempt rather than buying a $300 helmet. lol

sounds like another cool option I may try later :cool and alright, hopefully it cam hold up lol.. after all its a "test" build attempt rather than buying a $300 helmet. lol

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back