Real MG-81 flash hider acquired!

TFrosst

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Pics to come tonight but I just acquired an authentic, WWII MG81 flash hider. A bit of surface putting but in remarkable shape. Just wanted to share.
I have a lead on another that I might pick up if someone wants to purchase it.

I've decided to purchase another flash hider from a guy in the US that i've been going back and forth with for a while. Found someone that actually has two complete MG81's in original condition. Little bit better shape than this one but a whole lot more to pay. I've listed this one for sale on an auction site in the mean time. I really have no idea what they're worth on the open market so I just picked some numbers out of a hat.

What was the point of all this then? Apparently a few of us pm'd you saying we want in and then you just ignored us and decide to auction off randomly when some of us are ready and willing. I don't get it.

Well there isn't, and he doesn't have to by any means... it's when he states,

"I have a lead on another that I might pick up if someone wants to purchase it." - I think there was an assumption that he meant... this community?

And then ignores the PM's only to announce he's put it up for auction.

I think that's the confusion.

I replied to most messages and clearly stated that the item cannot be shipped outside of Europe at this point. There were members that were interested and I offered it up for purchase but most backed out stating that it was too expensive or that they were located outside the EU. I ended up selling it to a member on here that was serious and paid when we settled on a deal. I had tons of messages sent to me so i'm sorry if I missed yours but I did go on a first come, first served basis so don't feel like I looked past your messages.

On a side note, this is what i'm currently pursuing.

IMG_3527.JPG
Yes, those are two real, mint, MG81 flash hiders. More to come as things develop

I replied to most messages and clearly stated that the item cannot be shipped outside of Europe at this point. There were members that were interested and I offered it up for purchase but most backed out stating that it was too expensive or that they were located outside the EU. I ended up selling it to a member on here that was serious and paid when we settled on a deal. I had tons of messages sent to me so i'm sorry if I missed yours but I did go on a first come, first served basis so don't feel like I looked past your messages.

On a side note, this is what i'm currently pursuing.

View attachment 431200
Yes, those are two real, mint, MG81 flash hiders. More to come as things develop

While only the right one has the correct features for the Han ANH blaster, BOTH are surely a feast for my sore eyes...NICE!!!

Markus

It's actually quite interesting. The MG 81 was a relatively limited production machine gun to begin with. The cone flash hider that is correct for the ANH blaster wasn't the "standard" version either, which makes it even more rare. Some flash hiders were like the one of the left. Others, which appear to be the most common, do not have a cone at all. Finding one in any condition a great find.

I was speaking with Tom about the flash hider, but for me it was a little too expensive at this time with other projects in hand. His communications with me were totally open and honest so think the flack here is a tad harsh there was always going to be loads of interest from a large number in the community for this.

I have 3 twins & two singles, all functioning. We shoot them on irregular occasion. Donna killing a toyota van....prior to 2011...cant find a picture of the van., she seems happy with it...... burned vigorously for some time.

Picture of three set of -81zs we have.......two have been mounted on US .50 tripods (see other pictures here), one is in a quad mount I have from the French shore line of the English Channel.

I have a bunch of parts, but still would still like to have a good feed tray. There seems to be two different styles of the flasher cones, two of my guns have cones on, I have one extra of each style. Quad gun mount is all muzzle caps.

Check "You Tube", search "Shooting MG 81z" & you will see one set of my guns in action, I am servicing the guns in one short video, bigger shooter is not me......!!!!

PJH

Guns before being mounted.

Quad mount, actual mount is field expedient......display pylon is home made.......adapter is US truck for .50.

MG 81z's on US .50 mounts as we shoot them now. Donna lost a foot in '011 to a farming accident, I have raised the guns to a level where she can see the sites from her required shooting chair.

toyota van bites the dust.....!!!!!

Me......unknown time or place...........

We field two sets of guns now...if you look closely, you can see the stub end of her left leg on her walker just below her left ear muff. Big guy is Roger, hospital acquaintance who helps her move to her shooting seat, etc.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back