Real Mauser DL-44

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Pestilence2010

Let me try this again. Apperantly I posted this on the hacked site, so I hope I'm in the right place now.

This is a Mauser I picked up back in the early 90's for under a $100. It was cheap because of the pitting, a broken firing pin, missing ejector, heavily worn rifling, and lack of a magazine spring and follower. Other than that it cycles flawlessly, the action itself being in good shape. So I decided to build a custom DL-44. The scope mount will be similar to the Greedo Killer, as will the cooling vanes on the magazine. It will have custom wood hand grips and the scope in the first few photos will most likely be swaped out with something else. So sit back and enjoy the pics.

And finally a seldom seen exploded view of a Mauser.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Felgacarb

Glad you made it over here!

This looks like a great start to the build. Much more potential than my $9 airsoft version!

dcarty

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Cool, a "Bolo" Mauser--that will make an excellent base for a custom blaster :)

NormanF

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just be careful where you go with that thing. Legally, it is still a firearm.

Noeland

Sr Member
Also very jealous. I LOVE finding these kinds of project guns at shows and online. Nice work thus far. I think that muzzle looks great, the pitted finish is awesome too.

I'm sure you will find no shortage of blaster inspiration here, now that you've found the real RPF!!!

;)

Pestilence2010

Thanks for the kind words. As far as the firearm aspect is concered, it was sold through a dealer as a curio, similar to black powder pistols and muskets, so the laws do differ a good bit as compared to a more modern pistol. Dosen't mean I don't have to be careful though. Wouldn't want to get arrested for carrying my prop blaster.

I should have some pics posted in a few days of the scope mount I'm building. Might even take some progress pics. It is slow going though, as I am building the mount in mild steel (all hand work and drill press) so that when the piece is done I can get it parkerized for an even and matching finish on the entire blaster.

By the way, anyone know of a cheap brand of pistol or spotting scopes?

NormanF

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thanks for the kind words. As far as the firearm aspect is concered, it was sold through a dealer as a curio, similar to black powder pistols and muskets, so the laws do differ a good bit as compared to a more modern pistol. Dosen't mean I don't have to be careful though. Wouldn't want to get arrested for carrying my prop blaster.

I should have some pics posted in a few days of the scope mount I'm building. Might even take some progress pics. It is slow going though, as I am building the mount in mild steel (all hand work and drill press) so that when the piece is done I can get it parkerized for an even and matching finish on the entire blaster.

By the way, anyone know of a cheap brand of pistol or spotting scopes?
Barska or Tasco.