Real Hovering Jedi Training Remote: FINISHED!

I can't get enough of this its so ace:
IMG_4039.JPG

Re: Real Floating Jedi Training Remote 2.0: 10 YEARS LATER!

Wow this is awesome. So bloody cool! I have the egg attack falcon which is pretty cool in its own right but this... very nice work. Top shelf stuff[emoji482]

I can't get enough of this its so ace:
View attachment 846047

Ugh! This is such a dangerous thread for me, & killer photos like this don't help. :thumbsup

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome man! Are you happy with it? Glad it made it all the way to you with no issues

The only thing better than a floating training remote?

Lol FOUR of them! hee hee hee. Meet 17, 18, 19, and 20, from left to right! These will go out in the morning.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180929/8b3436c78a158e3bf40a231bec9fb1c2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man oh man, the 4 lined up together look stunning! :thumbsup

Hey Trooper_trent ! I love what you did with the bases in post #327! Is that paint or vinyl?

I really like almar bouwman 's base too!

These are SO COOL!!!

I was walking through Bed Bath and Beyond the other day and laughed out loud when I saw a football helmet stuck to its levitation device. The light was on at the base, so I pulled the helmet free, held it under the magnet, and WHOMP! it really grabs hold mid-air and wants to stay in its 'sweet-spot'. I gave it a bit of a spin and was wonderfully mesmerized as I chuckled aloud while watching it spin around.

Needless to say, now I have some parts coming to start a floating Jedi Training Remote of my very own. It'll take me forever to finish it, but in the meantime, I'll have a pretty globe to keep me entertained.

Check out what Alexey Sha did with transmitting and receiving coils added to create a spinning glove that spins tilted on its axis...
Levitating Rotating Globe - Hacked Gadgets – DIY Tech Blog

Not knowing completely how these work... have you tried reversing the polarity to get these new illuminating floating J.T.R.s to work with your undershelf hanging levitator? Maybe add a transmitting coil to it and the lights would just be on all the time?

All these videos of yours and halliwax 's really peaked my interest and then having that helmet in hand just completely did me in. I need another project like I need another HotWheels car... or a hole in my head ;) At least that's what I say when I'm at the store buying another HotWheels car! Oh well, it should be fun and hopefully I'll learn a thing or two building it. Off tomorrow to check the local hobby shops for model kits. Thank you for the inspiration I can't wait to get started!

These are trucking right along, and I'm still having a blast making every single one of them.
I got to take #047 to the North Texas Prop Party last night and it was a huge hit. So a special thanks to number #047 chrisnielsen for being willing to let me ship his remote a couple of days late so that I could take it to the prop party, since I STILL don't actually have one of my own.
I can't believe I'm almost in the 50's already!
53063685_290534888280789_1899602088707489792_n.jpg

795AA7EF-3D8D-43AE-AD2C-8F359B1493CC.jpeg

A35F284B-E5E4-43CF-9C1C-F930629A6E2E.jpeg

I now FINALLY have one of my own! I mean I've had the original one I made back in 2007 that I upgraded a bit before I started making these, but ever since then I've put off making a nice one for myself over and over, in favor of getting the next one out the door for those on the waiting list.
This weekend I decided to finally take some time and just do one for myself. Since mine is a different style setup from the ones I sell (it hangs from the magnet) I unfortunately had to destroy the original one to harvest the magnet. It was kind of sad.

RIP little buddy, the O.G. of floating remotes HAHA.
OG.jpg

Oh well, out with the old and busted, in with the new hotness. After making making so many of these for other people, I'm excited to finally have one of my very own.

Last edited:
As I watch this little guy spin I think of your story behind.

you started this legacy all the way back in 2007, to prove it can be done.

Not only that, but now have brought it to a elite level of accuracy... and fathered 50 plus floating replicas in the world, while the number continues to grow.

blown away at your ingenuity, genius, and whole heart dedication to make it right.. I applaud you

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back