Re-make of "Dune"

Only 12 more weeks until Dune is out.

Uhg, 12 more months until Dune is out.
FFFFFUKSKSKAMMALDJDKKQ AAAAAAAAARGH...

Maaaaaaaan...seriously...aaah...I'm honestly lost for words, so damn pissed off...
And it probably means part2 is iced as well cuz who's gonna finance it until they know that part 1 won't be a flop...god...

Maybe.

I feel like the luke warm performances of his artsy movies at the box office is well known enough that whoever is backing these two, knows it's about the long game, and the art. I'm actually a little hopeful that it means we'll get both coming out together/near the same time.

Maybe that's just delusional ramblings on my part though.

Maybe.

I feel like the luke warm performances of his artsy movies at the box office is well known enough that whoever is backing these two, knows it's about the long game, and the art. I'm actually a little hopeful that it means we'll get both coming out together/near the same time.

Maybe that's just delusional ramblings on my part though.
I really hope that was the case...the last movie I was this excited to see was Jurassic Park and I was 8 at that time...

That C-19 is going to bankrupt the movie theatres around the World. Straight to DVD and downloading will be the future...or back to the drive-in;)

I neither loved nor hated the first one, and suspect this will be the same. I do admit this seems like the kind of film that demands the big screen experience. If the release and the safe open of the theaters line up, I'll definitely see this one in the theater.
My theater experiences the last 5 years have been consistently ruined by obnoxious people and cell phones, so Im all for a straight to bluray/streaming movie future.
That's too bad. My theatrical experiences have largely been without issue... Apart from my friend, who never goes to the movies otherwise, complaining that it's too loud (Ford vs. Ferrari).

My wife saw something the other day suggesting that theaters won't go away because of streaming, bigger TVs, or COVID. The article or podcast, or whatever, suggested that they'll just change, instead of the majority of movies being released in theaters, only the big blockbuster films, your F9s, Jurassic Worlds, Star Wars, etc (big-budget action flick and not necessarily sequels) are going to be in theaters while smaller movies like your rom coms, set-piece dramas will go direct to streaming.

Direct to consumer streaming of movies is definitely going to change the movie theater experience. My bet is that there will no longer be huge long runs of blockbuster movies... something like a couple of heavy weekends, followed by people seeing repeat viewings at home... at least that is what my crystal ball tells me :)

All that being said - I'm vaccinated - and -plan to have my butt in a seat to see Dune on its opening weekend.

Jedi Dade

Quick look at the main cast:
dune1.jpg

dune2.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back