Rare Rocky IV Teaser Trailer

Jet Beetle

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
http://youtu.be/nXCo0xH3CUI

I may have posted this before but i was checking my bookmarks and came across it again. Dolph has more lines here than he did in the entire film. I love the drum roll that kicks in when they show the size of Drago to Rocky.

I wish this wasn't cut off - I remember it ending with "Get Ready for the Next World War"

I wish this wasn't cut off - I remember it ending with "Get Ready for the Next World War"

Back in 1985, 20/20 did a piece on the success (and controversy) surrounding Rambo: First Blood pt2. The segment ended with showing Stallone's next project and a teaser for Rocky IV (basically where the trailer starts with Drago and Rocky circling in the ring). I too remember it saying "Rocky IV... Get ready for the Next! World! War!" like it was yesterday!

Thanks for posting that Jet!

EDIT---

I just so happened to tape that 20/20 special on vhs back in the day, and have that "Next World War" bit for all to see...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-UXfXCWl9Y&feature=youtu.be

Enjoy!

Kevin

Last edited:
Back in 1985, 20/20 did a piece on the success (and controversy) surrounding Rambo: First Blood pt2. The segment ended with showing Stallone's next project and a teaser for Rocky IV (basically where the trailer starts with Drago and Rocky circling in the ring). I too remember it saying "Rocky IV... Get ready for the Next! World! War!" like it was yesterday!

Thanks for posting that Jet!

EDIT---

I just so happened to tape that 20/20 special on vhs back in the day, and have that "Next World War" bit for all to see...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-UXfXCWl9Y&feature=youtu.be

Enjoy!

Kevin

YES!!!! Dude, thank you - that line pumps the trailer up even more, especially if you grew up during the cold war and were programmed to hate the Ruskies like I was.

I couldn't help but imagine how huge this fight would have been of it were real - The russian kills an American legend (Apollo) in his first fight then Rocky takes him on on Christmas, in Russia - not for the belt, just to make him pay for killing his friend. Awesome

I still find it hilarious that they chose a tall, blonde, sunburned Swede to portray Rocky's nemesis (and then a Dane to play his wife)! I mean... Sweden and Russia were not on very good terms in the 80's (quite the opposite in fact, after the Submarine incident...), Swedish (including bad Swedish-English accents) sounds NOTHING like Russian and the typical Russian archetype isn't very white-blonde. But then I guess if you're looking for the polar opposite of Sly...

BTW- has anyone seen the Symantec commercials with Lundgren, Hasslehoff (and a bunch of other celebs)?

- - - Updated - - -

I still find it hilarious that they chose a tall, blonde, sunburned Swede to portray Rocky's nemesis (and then a Dane to play his wife)! I mean... Sweden and Russia were not on very good terms in the 80's (quite the opposite in fact, after the Submarine incident...), Swedish (including bad Swedish-English accents) sounds NOTHING like Russian and the typical Russian archetype isn't very white-blonde. But then I guess if you're looking for the polar opposite of Sly...

BTW- has anyone seen the Symantec commercials with Lundgren, Hasslehoff (and a bunch of other celebs)?

- - - Updated - - -

I still find it hilarious that they chose a tall, blonde, sunburned Swede to portray Rocky's nemesis (and then a Dane to play his wife)! I mean... Sweden and Russia were not on very good terms in the 80's (quite the opposite in fact, after the Submarine incident...), Swedish (including bad Swedish-English accents) sounds NOTHING like Russians)?

Well, there's very slim chance Sly would get the film bonded if he went casting real Russians during the cold war.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back