Rare Earth Magnets

Preds

So, indeed obviously from the title you know this is about rare earth magnets, and the big questions of all would be. Would they destroy the mask if you put the magnet "Under" the mask, not on top. I'v seen some that are on top of the mask, however i dont really want this cause i intend on showing the mask, without having big silver things attached to me. Since the bio is fairly heavy i know rare earth is usually in need, i just need to know if they are too damn OP to where it will start cutting through the mask. This would make my day, a very bad day, and thats never good. If all fails. Velcro FTW. i wouldnt wana go down that road but if i have to. SO BE IT

Thanks. For any info reguarding the situation.

because of the strength of the magnet, you could glue in a buffer between the magnet and the mask ...a strip of fun foam will work ....thats what I did ...never had a problem ...actually, I think there is even some polyfoam between the mask and the magnet as well ...damn ..these magnets are strong

You got that right, George, they are STRONG (and they pinch!)

Preds,

You can put fabric between the magnet and the mask, and over it to hold the magnet in there, Barge cement works well.

Same with the bio, here you could epoxy em in, and cover with a liner of fabric.

---
Ei'luj

The magnets I got at the craft store had rounded edges, so I didn't have to worry about them cutting through the mask. And actually, I didn't get my magnet glued onto the mask properly, either. I used CA adhesive, but it apparently didn't stick to the magnet. Or, the sweat from my scalp combined with the tugging at the mask may have dislodged it. In any case, the magnet fell off part way through the evening.

So, you'll probably have to worry more about keeping the magnet attached to the mask than about the magnet cutting through the mask.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back