Random Sword Modification!

Shadrack268

IMG_20150723_111822164.jpgIMG_20150723_111731850.jpgIMG_20150723_111530299.jpgIMG_20150723_111451050.jpgIMG_20150723_112153844.jpg
Hi! this is my first thread so please tell me if I do anything wrong!
This is just a quick modification I made to a cheap souvenir sword that I brought from a market. I basically just stripped the scabbard of all its flimsy furnishings and shaped the end with a saw and a ton of sand paper. I then covered the scabbard in leather and riveted a strip of brass around the top.
For the hilt I wrapped the grip in leather and made a quick pattern for the guard out of paper, transferred it onto a sheet of brass (same piece as the scabbard) and cut it out with a pair of tin snips. After a ton of filing around the edges I bent it into shape and glued it to the handle with a mix of epoxy and superglue. Later I made a quick and dirty sword frog to hang it on my belt.
So there it is. I might later remake the guard with a thicker bit of brass but for now I'm pretty happy with it.
Thoughts?

Not bad. I agree the brass guard could be a bit thicker. Since it is a guard, a thin one would be bent easily in actual (theoretical) use.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back