Rambo, First Blood costume

I got the screen used FB jacket today, with its COA. You can see where the original patches were, so i know Ive got the real thing here. Its a size 42, which fits me OK, it musta been warn by one of the deputies, or as a spare for one of them. Still great to own, and it goes well with the gray shirt, and brown pants.

coat.jpg

copjacket1.jpg

Just waiting for cap badge and patrol belt to arrive, and Im ready to post pictures. :)

Well I hope I wont disappoint you then buddy :)

OK Its still a work in progress, but its slowly coming along nicely, just waiting for the patrol belt, patches (custom made) cap badge, waterproof hat cover, pants, and name plates. The cap badge will be sent off for the word Sheriff to be engraved and painted onto it.

6-ptbrass-star-1.jpg

P210109_103901.jpg

7c17_1.jpg

P210109_1333.jpg

bfdgg-1.jpg

fb77.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Raven!

Can't see what's on the pictures, must be te programming of my computer!!

I've to show you something as well! I received the barrels of my m60 today, ready for attaching!!

Here it is!:

DSC03252.jpg

I'm going to attach them with pushbuttons, so that I can easily detach the barrel from the gun....

Hope you like the idea!

Geert

Geert,

Great stuff there mate! Its not your computer, I have rectified the problem, which was my error LOL.

Last edited:
Geert,

No problem buddy. I have done a few Rambo looks, so I thought it was time to do Teasle, maybe Trautman after that :)

Patches turned up yesterday x6, the Sheriffs dept patches are BRILLIANT! but the stars and stripes badges had the wrong border stitching, instad of yellow (like which was used on the film versions, and are used by the military), they used a gold thread, so im either gonna get them to re-stitch them, or ask another company to sort it. Will post pics later on today.

Patches turned up yesterday x6, the Sheriffs dept patches are BRILLIANT! but the stars and stripes badges had the wrong border stitching, instead of yellow (like which was used on the film versions, and are used by the military), they used a gold thread, so i'm either gonna get them to re-stitch them, or ask another company to sort it. Will post pics later on today.

Few more pics of the almost finished costume. Please disregard the yellow star on the patch, as the red is in fact a reflection from the camera flash.

P260109_1524.jpg

P260109_152401.jpg

P260109_1528.jpg

fjhukikli.jpg

SP_A0773.jpg

jiluilo9p.jpg

SP_A0156-1.jpg

SP_A0153.jpg

SP_A0155-1.jpg

SP_A0751.jpg

SP_A0439.jpg

SP_A0437.jpg

gfhtrr005.jpg

Picture289.jpg

Picture280.jpg

mjkuil.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

Picture247.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words Geert, do you have any pictures of your stuff?

Boy, I have some real sound advice to anyone that is thinking about collating a close to near dam it screen accurate movie costume, which was made well over 20 years ago.....DONT! lol

The money I have recently furrowed through, to get the close as you are ever gonna get to screen accurate Teasle costume, is almost done and dusted. On revision, I had to replace some stuff, as it wasn't quite right, and some stuff that looked great in their listing picture, but when it arrived it was the wrong shape or slightly off color. The color of some of the outfit/uniform was the biggest challenge. I had one of the actual screen / production used jackets to work from as my starting block, and had a lot of hardship along the way. Now we all know that screen lighting and the quality and the age of the film can make all the difference from lets say a grey shirt to a silver/tan shirt. In some scenes the shirts look grey, and in others silver / tan. But comparing Rambo's grey tank top next to Mitch's shirt and after reading a part in the FB novel where Teasle is wearing a grey shirt, I have gone along with the grey, although, I bought the tan one too ($50 later just for the tan shirt on its own :-(). The only trouble then, was to find the correct style, as that color doesn't have the pleat less pocket style any longer, so i asked a very dear friend if his girlfriend could remove the pleats for me, as she is a very talented seamstress.
The patches too are being remade, the "Sheriff's dept patches are very close, but not quite close enough for me, so they are being remade, along with the stars and stripes shoulder patches, as they are a bit wider than the standard issue ones, and the blue on the flag is slightly lighter. The ones I were sent were excellent, apart from a communication breakdown, when they asked if I wanted gold thread on the border, I naturally assumed the gold/yellow thread which are used on the government issue ones, but instead they sent them out with real gold, which is not orange enough.
The Teasle name plates, had to be remade, as the lettering was slightly larger than on the screen used versions. The utility belt also had some shortfalls, firstly the one I bought from ebay had the wrong style buckle (but I still utilized the basket weave cuff case, and baton ring. I then ordered from another vendor a screen accurate basket weave revolver holster, ammo pouches and correct screen used nickle plated buckle, which initially got lost in the post, so he sent me some more out (luckily he had a batch of odds and ends come in). The screen accurate pants were also a problem, as most companies that still sell this style wont sell outside of the US, but I found a really nice guy who did, and they were really cheap, however......(and theres always a 'but' where iam involved ;-)) He had a choice of only two pairs that might be close enough to fit me. I could either have a 32" waist pair (which I wouldn't fit into now anymore, with an unhemmed leg, which goes up to 35", or a pair of a whopping 48" with an unhemmed leg. I went for the 48, I knew that they were gonna be massive, but didn't realize until they arrived! You coulda fitted two of me in them, I was going to have them taken in, but as they have a elasticated waist too, and a large gusset, I thought against it, and sent them back, and asked for the 32" waist, these fitted, as they are elasticated waist, they were like two sizes too big anyhow, so they fitted well. The waterproof hat cover was also a problem, as I ordered the wrong type, I thought they were one size fits all, but apparently not, so I returned it for the correct one. The cap badge was commissioned, this was excellent work, and you cant tell the difference. The first hat I bought was slightly the wrong color and had slightly the wrong brim depth, so i bought another, which is exact! The dress jacket was the biggest challenge, but has been negotiated. The screen accurate tie has been bought, as has the ties bar too. I know teasle doesn't wear them in the movie, but I just wanted to add them, as they are part of the issued uniform. The gloves were easy to source, the boots are the only thing left, which I'm in the process of ordering. Once the couple of bits outstanding arrive, I will post pics.

wow that is a really good costume

Thanks buddy.

The hat was a problem too. I had to remove about an inch from the brim, and remodled it by soaking it in a bath of boiling water, to made it shrink too, as it was too big, but it now looks awsome! ;-)

Whow!

Never thought it was so hard to be as screen accurate as possible.
I really have some respect for you!!

Greets, Geert

Geert,

Most of it it luck I think.. I do know that a lot of people on here are so skilled in making stuff, that they make their own luck, and the respect has to go out to them. :)

Hey guys!!

I finished the base for the m60 last week. I'm gonna make the bipod and the details on the gun tomorrow! I hope to show you more this weekend!!

DSC03279-1.jpg

Greets, Geert

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back