Rambo, First Blood costume

Wow just checked this board and thread, his displays are amazing, very accurate.

Makes me want to do the tarp version for my own collection.

:thumbsup

Hi Buddy,
Thanks for the kind words. This collection did have ,many a problem to try and get it as close as I could to the screen accurate costume. I have another in progress, which is costing a fortune (well to me anyhow) LOL, which will hopefully be ready within the next 4 weeks. Its a Sheriff Teasle outfit, includes overcoat used by an extra in the movie, hat, hat badge (being made), all screen accurate insignia (being made), shirt, pants, cowboy boots, patrol belt and holster, badge, name bar, waterproof hat cover, and gloves, these are all screen accurate apart from the badge, which will be screen accurate apart from it will have the words "Deputy sheriff" stamped on it, instead of sheriff. Stay tuned for pics, one all assembled.
Regan :)

Hi Buddy,
Thanks for the kind words. This collection did have ,many a problem to try and get it as close as I could to the screen accurate costume. I have another in progress, which is costing a fortune (well to me anyhow) LOL, which will hopefully be ready within the next 4 weeks. Its a Sheriff Teasle outfit, includes overcoat used by an extra in the movie, hat, hat badge (being made), all screen accurate insignia (being made), shirt, pants, cowboy boots, patrol belt and holster, badge, name bar, waterproof hat cover, and gloves, these are all screen accurate apart from the badge, which will be screen accurate apart from it will have the words "Deputy sheriff" stamped on it, instead of sheriff. Stay tuned for pics, one all assembled.

Very cool.

Looking forward to it.

Wow just checked this board and thread, his displays are amazing, very accurate.

Makes me want to do the tarp version for my own collection.

:thumbsup

Very cool.

Looking forward to it.

Now the only other dilemma was size, do I go for Teasel's large size, or a size that will fit my display dummy, or me? I went for the dummy size, which is a bit slimmer than Teasel. I could have gotten away with it, if i had made the costume for one of the deputy's, but it had to be Teasel didn't it? LOL

@Raven1973

Your costume display is awesome mate!!
I'm very interested in your Teasle outfit. Did you think about making a Col.Trautman uniform?? I found the baret somewhere on ebay....any idea if it's accurate??

Greets, Geert

@Raven1973

Your costume display is awesome mate!!
I'm very interested in your Teasle outfit. Did you think about making a Col.Trautman uniform?? I found the baret somewhere on ebay....any idea if it's accurate??

Greets, Geert

Hi Buddy,
Thanks for the feedback, and your collection is getting there too I must say :). Trautman will be next, I got the hardest thing to find, which was the correct trench coat, as this actual style and color is so hard to come by. The beret you speak of on ebay, if its the one I'm thinking of isn't screen accurate, as the one I saw hasn't got the correct finishing on the bottom part, where your brow sits.
Reegs. :)

Hi Buddy,
Thanks for the feedback, and your collection is getting there too I must say :). Trautman will be next, I got the hardest thing to find, which was the correct trench coat, as this actual style and color is so hard to come by. The beret you speak of on ebay, if its the one I'm thinking of isn't screen accurate, as the one I saw hasn't got the correct finishing on the bottom part, where your brow sits.
Reegs. :)

PS Geert, and others who want to try and get as close to screen accurate as possible, if you have any questions about the stuff i will try and help, I will be honest though, most of my finds were with luck and tenacity, I had to put many months into non-stop searching to find the close matches, but I will try all the same to help. :)

PPS Any of you guys going to the Hope 30th anniversary in 2012, if so, I will see you there for a few pints, and a chat? :)

Last edited:
That sounds good!!

It's a bit expensive to travel whole the way to Amerika, but I'll think about it.
Maybe a Rambo fotoshoot??:)

Keep me updated!!

Greets, Dutch Rambo:lol

Regan, is their a link to the event?

Plag old buddy, well I missed the 25th, which basically boiled down to me not knowing about it, but the 30th is gonna rock! I know that the 25th had a grand tour, and a sitting in the Hope cinema of a rare full version of the movie, which had a lot of additional footage. This was a present by the producers to the people of Hope, for being so helpful with the making of the movie. you might wanna check out www.rambotown.net , as it has a link to the Hope website, or this, Herve Attia is a great bloke, who did everything he could to get us Rambo fans, behind the scenes footage of the locations for the movie...enjoy :) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc7pMuaku1o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1YtClq1-T0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0mqEtuSh_I&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXUmZ5cMuG0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl6-t4X51Pw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddExCWgGICo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQzDxTszfk4

That sounds good!!

It's a bit expensive to travel whole the way to Amerika, but I'll think about it.
Maybe a Rambo fotoshoot??:)

Keep me updated!!

Greets, Dutch Rambo:lol

Hi Dutch Rambo,
We have got 3 years to start saving to go to the Hope event in British Columbia in Canada, if we start putting a small bit by now each week, we can easily afford to go, thats what im gonna do, if however you cant get there, I will promise to take pics and videos for you guys. :)

Now I've got some other bad news.

I bought a really cheap First Blood knife on ebay, but that guy had some problems with the organisation behind Ebay, where for I can't get my Knife.....

Just have to find another cheap one.....

Greets, Geert

Now I've got some other bad news.

I bought a really cheap First Blood knife on ebay, but that guy had some problems with the organisation behind Ebay, where for I can't get my Knife.....

Just have to find another cheap one.....

Greets, Geert

Geert,

If you don't get a refund, tell him you will send Baker Team round his house to get your money back, and they wont be knocking on the door, but blowing it off the hinges with a RPG-7 launcher ;-)

Jacket arrived today, and I was pleasantly surprised! $100 for one of the jackets used in the movie, by one of the deputies. The screen accurate patches I have had commissioned, have been approved by myself. The sheriff badge also arrived today, so things are coming along quite nicely. :)

Last edited:
Geert,

If you don't get a refund, tell him you will send Baker Team round his house to get your money back, and they wont be knocking on the door, but blowing it off the hinges with a RPG-7 launcher ;-)

Jacket arrived today, and I was pleasantly surprised! $100 for one of the jackets used in the movie, by one of the deputies. The screen accurate patches I have had commissioned, have been approved by myself. The sheriff badge also arrived today, so things are coming along quite nicely. :)

Thanks for the assistance guys....I hope I get a refund too!!

If he indeed doesn't give a refund I'll throw him of an helicopter and use his own knife to kill him if he's not yet.....

That sounds like wishful thinking!!:lol

Greets, Geert

p.s
@raven1973 and Plugus, can you guys PM me your hotmailadresses??

Greets, Geert

Thanks for the assistance guys....I hope I get a refund too!!

If he indeed doesn't give a refund I'll throw him of an helicopter and use his own knife to kill him if he's not yet.....

That sounds like wishful thinking!!:lol

Greets, Geert

p.s
@raven1973 and Plugus, can you guys PM me your hotmailadresses??

Greets, Geert

Geert,
You've got mail ;-)

Hi Buddy,

I got the screen used FB jacket today, with its COA. You can see where the original patches were, so i know Ive got the real thing here. Its a size 42, which fits me OK, it musta been warn by one of the deputies, or as a spare for one of them. Still great to own, and it goes well with the gray shirt, and brown pants.

coat.jpg

copjacket1.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back