Rambo, First Blood costume

Sure thing. It is hard to get a clear shot because of glare. I will also include silencers for the tags.
View attachment 15352

Im off to Hope BC Canada in two months to visit all the filming locations, as well as helping two friends who make this documentary, finish one last installment. I cant wait, as i will be treading the same earth as Sly Stallone did some 27 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc7pMuaku1o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1YtClq1-T0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0mqEtuSh_I

Well I'm off to where it all initially started for Rambo this October. Herve Attia and Scott Hardy (who made the 'On the set' doc, invited me to come help with part 4 of their film, so how could i say no, and I thought if I am going to Hope wearing the costume and livery, I should have what the character of Rambo had in his pockets too. Of course we can only surmise what the character would have had. I am sure for the film it was only irrelevant scraps of paper. We know there was a black and white photo of the fictional Baker Team, which I have replicated (Special Forces unit photo from the net), making sure that there was a large African American in the back line to portray Delmar Berry. I thought well what would Rambo have kept, as he seems to be a minimalist, and only stuff that was relevant to him. I also have a small brown address book, and a red ball point pen, similar to the one featured in the movie. I chose Rambo to have a set of induction papers from the Vietnam era, I changed the name and added Rambo's joining date. I also gave Rambo's home address as "Ravens Back Ranch Bowie Arizona". I also gave him a Honorable discharge paper too, although he would have probably been discharged for mental health reasons, I thought as he was captured and held by the Viet Cong, he deserved at least that. I ended his tour time in 1972, as we know that he had done 3 tours in Vietnam. Anyways, I know its a bit sad really, but if a jobs worth doing, its worth doing well, well as close as I can guess anyways. ;) ;D

Rambo: "Excuse me, can you tell me Is this where Delmar Berry lives?"

Widow: "He ain't here, go on inside baby"

Rambo: "Uh, he's a friend of mine, as a matter of fact, he wrote this address down, right here, here, as you can see thats Delmar's writing, I sure had a hard time finding this place".

Widow: "Yeah thats his writing".

Rambo: "Like I said, he's a friend. My names John Rambo, we served on the same team together in Nam, I don't know if he ever talked about me?" "I've got a picture of us togeather...somwehere, all this junk in your pockets!" Here it is, here, Thats me, Danforth, Westmore, Bronson, Ortager, and theres Delmar, in the back, we had to put him in the back, if we didn't he'd take up the whole picture, look how big he is".

Widow: "Delmar's gone"

Rambo: "When, what time will he be back?"

Widow: "He died".

Rambo: "What?"

Widow: "He died last summer".

Rambo: "Died how?"

Widow: "Cancer, brought it back from Nam! All that Orange stuff they spreaded around, cut him down to nothing! I could lift him off the sheet!"

Rambo: "Very sorry".

fbbook4.jpg

fbbook.jpg

fbbook2.jpg

P130809_1608.jpg

P130809_1610_03.jpg

P130809_1610_02.jpg

P130809_1610_01.jpg

P130809_1610.jpg

P130809_1609_03.jpg

P130809_1609_02.jpg

P130809_1609_01.jpg

P130809_1609.jpg

Well I'm off to where it all initially started for Rambo this October. Herve Attia and Scott Hardy (who made the 'On the set' doc, invited me to come help with part 4 of their film, so how could i say no, and I thought if I am going to Hope wearing the costume and livery, I should have what the character of Rambo had in his pockets too. Of course we can only surmise what the character would have had. I am sure for the film it was only irrelevant scraps of paper. We know there was a black and white photo of the fictional Baker Team, which I have replicated (Special Forces unit photo from the net), making sure that there was a large African American in the back line to portray Delmar Berry. I thought well what would Rambo have kept, as he seems to be a minimalist, and only stuff that was relevant to him. I also have a small brown address book, and a red ball point pen, similar to the one featured in the movie. I chose Rambo to have a set of induction papers from the Vietnam era, I changed the name and added Rambo's joining date. I also gave Rambo's home address as "Ravens Back Ranch Bowie Arizona". I also gave him a Honorable discharge paper too, although he would have probably been discharged for mental health reasons, I thought as he was captured and held by the Viet Cong, he deserved at least that. I ended his tour time in 1972, as we know that he had done 3 tours in Vietnam. Anyways, I know its a bit sad really, but if a jobs worth doing, its worth doing well, well as close as I can guess anyways. ;) ;D

Rambo: "Excuse me, can you tell me Is this where Delmar Berry lives?"

Widow: "He ain't here, go on inside baby"

Rambo: "Uh, he's a friend of mine, as a matter of fact, he wrote this address down, right here, here, as you can see thats Delmar's writing, I sure had a hard time finding this place".

Widow: "Yeah thats his writing".

Rambo: "Like I said, he's a friend. My names John Rambo, we served on the same team together in Nam, I don't know if he ever talked about me?" "I've got a picture of us togeather...somwehere, all this junk in your pockets!" Here it is, here, Thats me, Danforth, Westmore, Bronson, Ortager, and theres Delmar, in the back, we had to put him in the back, if we didn't he'd take up the whole picture, look how big he is".

Widow: "Delmar's gone"

Rambo: "When, what time will he be back?"

Widow: "He died".

Rambo: "What?"

Widow: "He died last summer".

Rambo: "Died how?"

Widow: "Cancer, brought it back from Nam! All that Orange stuff they spreaded around, cut him down to nothing! I could lift him off the sheet!"

Rambo: "Very sorry".

fbbook4.jpg

fbbook.jpg

fbbook2.jpg

P130809_1608.jpg

P130809_1610_03.jpg

P130809_1610_02.jpg

P130809_1610_01.jpg

P130809_1610.jpg

P130809_1609_03.jpg

P130809_1609_02.jpg

P130809_1609_01.jpg

P130809_1609.jpg

Well guys, Ive been to Hope BC and had a truly spiritual time! You can see what I did and who I met at
http://craigzablo.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=SlyTalk&action=display&thread=9065&page=1

I got myself some props which were featured in the movie these being:

The actual junkyard truck handle that Stallone opens the truck door with.

The steering wheel of the Junkyard truck.

A wooden roof tile from the first building Stallone passes in the intro to the movie.

A piece of Rock from the scene where The bad guy (Sgt Galt), falls out of the helicopter.

A piece of bark, from the tree where the washing line hook sat on the Delmar berry widows tree in the intro of the movie.

A rock from the river where Rambo is being hunted down, by the national guard.

Same electrical cord taken from same truck container, as Sly did for his tarp costume.

They are in the process of being mounted, once done, i will post pics. :)

Please read about the lost junkyard for nearly 30 years, my friend found it, and thats why we were able to get hold of these screen used props.

Last edited:
Anyone want the dogtags? I'm gonna put a thread in the junkyard for them pretty soon, but thought I would give the people in this great thread the first shot.

If you are walking down a road wearing your First Blood ensamble, you need to have a hidden stereo in your bag playing "It's a long road when you're all alone...":lol

Here is the completed costume. The over jacket was actually worn by one of the actors in the movie. I am just waiting for the screen accurate sheriff's dept shield to arrive then its done. The under command jacket took 3 years to find, and it had to be slightly adapted to make it screen accurate.

cj.jpg

cj2.jpg

cj3.jpg

cj4.jpg

Hey Raven1978,

I just saw your Sheriff's costume from The First Blood and it looks awesome! I really like all the little details, you definitely did your homework in putting this together, keep up the awesome work!! :D

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back