Raiders of The Lost Carve...updated with paint

pyxl

Having some fun...thought I'd carve up a silhouette Indy poster. This is the carve with the first coat of primer. I want some texture on the background, and it will get another coat of primer to do that. This one is about 14" x 20".
Tomorrow..some paint!
2795269030101109960S600x600Q85.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Raiders of The Lost Carve...

the material is a pvc product. It's called "Azek". Usually used for things like home exterior trim and some decorative pieces. I started carving it last year and I love the stuff.

Does not sound like the regular 'local home center' type material. Is that a specialty material?

-Eric

I went to the Azek website and found a local distributor...which seems to be mostly lumber yards. I'm not sure about pricing in your area, but here they sell it in a variety of thicknesses up to 1 1/4 inch. A 5/8" sheet 4' x 8' was $129.

That looks awesome!!!! u actually could make dozens of dozens of this style from hundreds of Movies!!! u struck proverbial gold man!!

I planned on trying to do a run of these... posted an interest thread in the Junkyard. I had hoped that if this was popular, I could do others.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back