Raiders 1:1 prop: The Ark of the Covenant

The Wook

Master Member
I was wondering if any 1:1 replicas of The Ark of the Covenant, as featured in Raiders of the Lost Ark, have ever been made. Anyone know?

I've not seen any, which is a bit strange because I'm guessing it wouldn't be that hard to make. I'm not saying it would be easy, but that it wouldn't be as hard as some other movie props that have been made.

(And hell, all someone would have to do would be to look in the Bible for the measurements, because if I remember my Bible School correctly, He was very specific about the Ark's construction.)

Please post pics if ya got 'em. Thanks.

The Wook

Yup, they are out there. But most of the Arks you see are 1/4 scale... But not long ago someone here (Agent5?) talked 'bout making a 1:1 Ark builders group (check some older threads), not sure if that happened or not.

The cherubs are easy to find. :)

Bring on the pics. :D

At my suggestion, my friend Blair made a full sized one. As a beer cooler. Yes, we're both gonna burn in Heck when we die, but it was pretty durn cool. Not completely screen accurate, but it sure did the job.

Obi-Bob

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OB10 @ Apr 24 2006, 03:40 AM) [snapback]1232006[/snapback]</div>
At my suggestion, my friend Blair made a full sized one. As a beer cooler. Yes, we're both gonna burn in Heck when we die, but it was pretty durn cool. Not completely screen accurate, but it sure did the job.

Obi-Bob
[/b]

LOL Well, that's not exactly what I had in mind, but hell...show us a pic anyway.

Btw, are you like the very first member of the RPF? I never see anybody with an RPF membership date in '98, except you.

The Wook

p.s. To the Mods: these new emoticons are weak. The lol one :)lol)doesn't even laugh--it's totally static. What gives?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Wook @ Apr 24 2006, 01:51 AM) [snapback]1232052[/snapback]</div>
p.s. To the Mods: these new emoticons are weak. The lol one :)lol)doesn't even laugh--it's totally static. What gives?
[/b]

You should probably check out the "Announcement: RPF Software Issues" post that's stuck at the top of each and every forum.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OB10 @ Apr 24 2006, 03:40 AM) [snapback]1232006[/snapback]</div>

Obi-Bob
[/b]

Oh yes I remember that, seemed like good work. Anyone see the one they made in Mythbusters :lol . Little adam and jammie angels on the top.. :lol :lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IronFist @ Apr 24 2006, 12:37 PM) [snapback]1232141[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Wook @ Apr 24 2006, 01:51 AM) [snapback]1232052[/snapback]
[/b]

You should probably check out the "Announcement: RPF Software Issues" post that's stuck at the top of each and every forum.
[/b][/quote]

Gotta love a Newb with a snotty attitude. :rolleyes

Okay everyone, so where are the pics?. I said I'd take pics of the beer cooler Ark. Hell, I'll even take pics of any beer cooler at this point. :lol

The Wook

This is the best fan made Ark that I've seen to date. You can see that it is very close but there are a couple noticeable things wrong. It's missing the pole ring connectors and it looks like the side panels are not 100%, althought the best yet by far. Not sure about the measurements either, but overall, it's pretty darn good.

[image]http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/groups/g_17291581/70a4/__sr_/18a1.jpg?grYSZTEBjbTWlYO7[/image]

I did start an Ark builders group a couple of months ago but it has been slow going at start. I think though that from what I've seen and been told, we have a very, very solid group of professionals with as much attention to detail as is needed for such a project. To get it 100%, not just good enough. If you are interested, drop me a pm.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(agent5 @ Apr 24 2006, 11:35 PM) [snapback]1232469[/snapback]</div>
This is the best fan made Ark that I've seen to date.
[image]http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/groups/g_17291581/70a4/__sr_/18a1.jpg?grYSZTEBjbTWlYO7[/image]
[/b]

That's awesome. Thanks for the pic, agent5. (I wonder how many cases fit in there. ;))

And good luck with the builder's club. Sounds cool.

The Wook

p.s. Is the guy who made this Ark an RPFer?

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back