Racal headset scratch build

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

obiwan kowalski

Could someone provide some basic measurements of the Racal headset from Aliens/Starwars. I want to make one out of stuff from around the house. At minimum I am looking for the dimensions of the ear brackets and I could work from there but if someone wanted to throw in a few more measurements it would be greatly appreciated. Surely these could benefit many other people as well.

Last edited:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Canobi

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Re: Racal headset measurements

Drop a PM to sofaking01 and say Canobi pointed l you his way. He's making a full scale MF cockpit and sorted some racel headsets a little while ago. If you ask him nicely I expect he could provide you with some dims and reference pics of the ones he's got.

obiwan kowalski

Re: Racal headset measurements

Scratch building a Racal out of pvc pipe, some thin sheet metal and a dollar store set of headphones. I still need to figure out an earpiece and mic.