R.I.P. Toys R Us

half a dozen stores... 1/3rd the size, uhh can someone tell me how big the US of A is? let's see 52 states.. man, yeah were bringing it back from the dead... cant wait for the "grand opening ribbon cutting" 8-9 states away... WOO HOO! :sick:

Our Toys R Us is now a Smyths toys. Nowhere near as good with some real cheap chat. More thrift store than global toy store.

It's going to sound unreasonable, but this kind of pisses me off. They go through all the boo-hoo of closing up shop everywhere, only to reopen a few years later? I don't know about you, but it feels like having my chain jerked, as they say. And at 1/3rd the size? Really? So they'll, what, be on par with Wal-Marts toy section? Why bother?

If there is one near me and they keep a frequently stocked collectibles section with NECA stuff I’m calling it a win. Die-cast cars would be a bonus.

"more experiences, like play area "

so not only smaller physical stores... but less toys/merchandise in them to boot!

Sounds like a win!

.....NOT!

maybe they will build onto "select" McDonald's and we can all wait in line to jump into the ball pit... that sound's about right... "NEW... IMPROVED.... WERE BACK BABY!!" :lol: "sorry folk's, the ball pit is closed thanks to lil timmy throwing up his chicken nugget's".. :cautious:

Now I'm left wondering if all those people who lost their jobs will get hired back on? I remember reading an article when this whole thing went down about a lady who had spent probably 20 years working for them and managed to get into upper management. Then one day she gets a letter telling her "so long" and not even given a few weeks notice. I now also wondering if this was a ploy to get out from under having to pay them severance.

If it was.. shame on them.

Dedicated people... helping THEM earn their bottom dollar over 20+ years!??? (I'm sure many others in similar situations as well)

Just another example of how the world has changed..

Gone are the days.. you get out of school... get a job.. and stay their forever until retirement.

Companies no longer care about the employees.. they care about the ROI.. and thats it. We are now a 'consumable'... they work us hard.. and long.. until we burn out.. then they get a new kid right out of college.. rinse/repeat!!!

We need to start using them like they use us.

Get/take any raise or paid education/training you can.. and use it to get a better job.. and keep doing it.

INVEST IN YOURSELF!.. NOT THE COMPANY!..

Its now coming back as a 'day care center' branded as a toy store? (good luck)

the harder YOU work, the better the vacation for YOUR boss. I remember our local toys r us employee's had started "build time" and "pokemon share time". they would set up tables and let kid's play together with lego's or trade pokemon etc. they had little juice boxes and fruit slices.

I don't know what TRU stores in other cities where like but the three we had here where VERY anti-collector. TRU here changed just before they went belly up. Many of the employees here where rude and did not want to answer questions, other than "where are the restrooms?". I was not upset in the least when they shut down, my kids where adults and I was done shopping isles with aging product.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back