R.I.P Dusty Hill ZZ Top

madmax

Sr Member
R.i.p Dusty Hill zz top,the new sjust broke here in the uk ..damn this has been a bad week

I know some may say whats this got to do with movie talk but ZZ top's music has been in so many movies ,most will know them from back to the Future 2,but La Grange has been in too many films to count

I had tickets to go see ZZ Top early 2021, but of course that got cancelled and rescheduled to 2022.
Indeed it's sad.

TazMan2000

I just heard that the show will go on. Elwood Francis will continue in Dusty's absence.

From Wikipeida;

According to Gibbons, "Dusty emphatically grabbed my arm and said, 'Give Elwood the bottom end, and take it to the Top.'

Now THAT is class! The music was what he wanted to continue.

TazMan2000

Only know a few songs from them, as I'm not as big into rock. But I did like the ones I've heard.
RIP of course, but he can say he sure had a good run.

Me, too! Saw them in 1976 in a tiny arena. They came out in jeans and T-shirts and blew the roof off the place. Great show. Blue Oyster Cult was the opener.
Blue Oyster Cult opened for ZZTop in '76??
I'd have thought it would be the other way around.

Blue Oyster Cult opened for ZZTop in '76??
I'd have thought it would be the other way around.
They had a HUGE career before they repackaged themselves with the beards, the girls, & the car in the '80s. Even did a tour of America that involved live animals, like steer & vultures

I had no idea. I thought they were an 80s thing.
I had forgotten what year they started, but knew it was before the 80s. Wikipedia (knows everything, right?) says they started in 1969. I definitely think of them mostly from the 80s. Back to the Future 3 and TMNT 3 are what I know them mostly from.

My Dad has always been the dressed up type guy, even going out "casually", he still wears nice pants and a polo type shirt.
I always wanted to film him without him knowing why and edit it to Sharp Dressed Man, even though hes definitely NOT trying to go pick up woman.

I really need to listen to more of their songs. I only know like 4 or 5.

They had a HUGE career before they repackaged themselves with the beards, the girls, & the car in the '80s. Even did a tour of America that involved live animals, like steer & vultures
Was at that Tour thats when things started to go crazy with a stage shaped like texas that moved.

I first saw them in 1973, opening for Alice Cooper, they have been around since the early 70’s, and like Rush, toured non-stop for years and played with everybody from the Stones, to Earth, Wind, And Fire.

They are truely Legends

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back