Quicksilver Age of Ultron - Dye Sub Shirt WIP

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by thejakemoore, Apr 28, 2015.

1. thejakemoore

thejakemoore Well-Known Member

I've been dying to have a Quicksilver shirt, but nobody's made one to my liking yet so I started working on my own. I obviously can't get my hands on the same material used in the film because it was custom woven.

Here's the design file
    [​IMG]

I've already sent it off to FOD and it's in the process of being printed. I'll update the thread when I receive the print.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
    AgentOfShield likes this.
  2. chanamartin

chanamartin New Member

Looks great! Where did you get the print?

3. thejakemoore

I created the design file myself. I found hi-res photos of the shirt and Re-created each style of knit by hand. It's very very accurate.

4. meowz0r

meowz0r Active Member

The design looks great! I thought the first picture was of the actual print.

I can't wait to see it finished.

5. Puppers

Puppers New Member

Do you plan on putting up the pattern for use here? Or is it private?

6. thejakemoore

I definitely plan on selling the digital file :) I'm just waiting to sew the first print so I can fix any errors in the design.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  7. Puppers

Puppers New Member

How much do you plan on selling it for?

8. arivin923

arivin923 Well-Known Member

Color me interested!

9. thejakemoore

I haven't landed on a final price yet. This is a very intricate design in which I hand drew the different knit types.

10. thejakemoore

11. E60flip345

E60flip345 Well-Known Member

those $200 shoes sure are tempting....

12. thejakemoore

Totally. I almost called to swap my order for the $200 ones, but I just couldn't justify spending that much on sneakers for a casual cosplay.

E60flip345 likes this.
  13. chanamartin

chanamartin New Member

Gorgeous shoes! Definitely would buy it.

Also there's an actual quicksilver compression shirt online. About 90% accurate but I reckon you could easily mod it. They're currently out of stock which sucks, argh!
    https://www.underarmour.com/en-au/avengers

As for the rest will you dye your hair white or get a wig?

14. arivin923

The sleeves on the UA are totally off, but the bigger issue is the color. Thejackemoore's is probably the most accurate one I've seen yet.

15. thejakemoore

Yeah, I've got the Under Armor. It's all grey and the sleeve design is very different. It's a great workout shirt, though :p

I'll be trying to find a decent wig.

Last edited: May 2, 2015
  16. KurokamiPhantom

KurokamiPhantom New Member

Can't wait to see your design(and price) of the shirt! I'm going as Quicksilver to ComiCon and I can't stand any of the shirts that are available online. I do have one question though, what do you plan on doing for the pants, as those are customized. I was thinking of sewing something together, but I don't think we ever get a clear shot of the back of his pants in the movie.

17. Georgesock

Georgesock New Member

Can somebody please tell me what pants quicksilver wears? Judging from the materials and the shape it seems to be a cross between track suit bottoms and minimal protection motorcycle pants. Maybe their custom made but I highly doubt it. I've been trying to find them for ages and any help is greatly appreciated

18. STARLORD13

STARLORD13 New Member

Very cool. I kinda wanna buy one from you if you sold one haha.

19. thejakemoore

The pants are just a dark denim with some other fancy stuff on it. I'll just be buying a pair of dark jeans and sewing stuff on top.
    [​IMG]

20. Georgesock

Georgesock New Member

Thanks for the insight man btw the White Lightning bits on the chest piece appear to be reflective material like the stuff used in cycling clothes for night. To my understanding you can purchase sheets of it online if you wish for the authenticity or just put normal white Lycra instead

21. thejakemoore

It's not. The white shapes are a regular fibrous material. This is a hi-res photo of the actual shirt.
    [​IMG]

22. TheWaitingRoman

TheWaitingRoman Active Member

I am very much looking forward to this. Are you going to be able to sell fully sewn shirts?

23. STARLORD13

STARLORD13 New Member

Yeah are you planning on selling any?

24. thejakemoore

I will only be selling the digital file. I made this shirt to my measurements, and I'm not much of a pattern make so I wouldn't be able to scale this to fit different people.

STARLORD13 likes this.
  25. thejakemoore

Just got the print in! I can definitely see some areas that need color tweaking to account for FOD's printing process making the design darker. I'll be sewing it up tonight to find any alignment or pattern issues. Then I'll make my tweaks to the file and make a thread in the classifieds.

[​IMG]

26. magomtz

magomtz New Member

it's awesome dude! when you're ready to sell the file, post the link or something! i'm very interested!
    congrats! great job!

27. imranbecks

imranbecks New Member

Looks good! But lack the texture that the actual one has. Yet still very well done! You didn't include the under armour logo at the back there did you?

28. chanamartin

chanamartin New Member

Looks great man, can't wait to see the finished product :D

29. OneGoodScare

OneGoodScare Active Member

Very interested in seeing this and possibly buying this in the future..so sick

30. MarcusDarko

MarcusDarko New Member

This is looking great!! I had a question though how did you create the patterns Wanted to do a Destiny titan undersuit but not to sure how to go about making a pattern for it.

31. thejakemoore

The texture is there, but isn't visible because of how dark FOD printed it. I do have the UA logo, but it will be removed when I sell the pattern for legal reasons. If you have the know-how, you can easily add it yourself.

i hand drew the texture in Photoshop and then made it into a repeatable pattern. You can look up photoshop tutorials for repeatable pattern.

----------

I sewed the shirt up last night. Only some slight pattern tweaks need to be made.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2015
    KurokamiPhantom likes this.
  32. OneGoodScare

That looks really good, good job man. Definitely want one for myself :b

33. imranbecks

imranbecks New Member

Fantastic! Thats looks pretty good! Good job!

34. Fiddlesticks

Fiddlesticks Active Member

Looks very promising.

35. dudeitsjackwild

dudeitsjackwild New Member

great job! very promising. one question though, why is one arm grey? I dont remember seeing that in the film or on any pictures.

36. thejakemoore

I was a dummy and accidentally had two right arms printed.

37. dudeitsjackwild

dudeitsjackwild New Member

Ah ok :) can't wait for you to put a price on the print. who did you use to print it?

38. chanamartin

chanamartin New Member

fabric on demand i believe

39. Georgesock

Georgesock New Member

40. imranbecks

imranbecks New Member

I see it now. Not bad. But not feeling the turtleneck at all.. The back is still kinda off. Missing the lines at the center.. Still hoping someone brave can modify the one from Under Armour. That one is still the closest to the material used in the movie..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2015
    Peek73 likes this.
  41. Georgesock

Georgesock New Member

On of the pictures show the top without the turtleneck. Even then you can still always cut it off I guess

42. Georgesock

Georgesock New Member

yep I was right you can order it to have either a crew neck or a turtleneck

43. magomtz

magomtz New Member

Man? no more news? :cry

44. arivin923

1) Can't wait to see how the final looks!

2) Has anyone else looked into the HUMMEL Jacket that he wears at the beginning of the film? Its apparently a women's, and I'm wondering about the fit...

45. OneGoodScare

46. The Full Armor

The Full Armor Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Amazing work! Great job!

47. MrSouthpaw

MrSouthpaw Sr Member

I'd actually like to print this out on some kind of synthetic to make it sweat-wicking and functional. Just to go running in....:cool

48. Norn Iron Man

Norn Iron Man New Member

Looking awesome dude!

I've been looking for a screen accurate shirt as well but may end up just getting the under armor. However I found this on eBay
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Avengers2-A...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item2a51e52158

Havent' seen anybody here mention this one and it looks accurate to me I think (expect the grey on the stomach area instead of navy, it's even got the thumb holes which I'd really perfer to have....what does everybody think?

49. TuluThunder

TuluThunder New Member

50. Tupikyo

Tupikyo New Member

I found some pretty neat fabrics online, which are very close to the fabrics of the original costume in terms of structure and color.

I was searching the whole day for some print stores, where i just could print the pattern on spandex or stuff, since i didn't found any good in my local fabric stores.
    Somehow i found my way to this thread. When i saw the post with the UA Shirt i was just like 'i think i just forgot about something important'.

So i started another online search with these: "thermal knit" "thermal fabric" "thermal stretch fabric", since that is what the UA is made of, isnt it?

And guess what: You find a lot of great fabrics. I just ordered some here:

www.naturesfabrics.com

and

https://www.fabric.com/apparel-fashion-fabric-knit-fabric-thermal-knit-fabric.aspx

I don't know if i'm the first one to find those, but i think these are pretty good. Since I'm german, i probably need to wait for some time until they arrive, but i will definitely tell you when they're here!