Quick question, and I need a quick answer please...

Xhiwar

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Are MGC Mausers Plug Fire Cap weapons? I've seen pics of it with dummy ammo, so is it really just a model or does it "fire" in any way?
I really need to know.

Thanks in advance.

Xhiwar

honestly, best guess is "yes it fires". i have a model gun here that is built up, (colt .45) and it has a clip and blank rounds, and a small hollow point in each blank to put the little caps in to "shoot". loud as hell too.

i dont think its an mgc though. it is a japanese company.

so, i guess the way my logic is working , if its a japanese company, and it looks like it fires bullets somehow. chances are its a big shiny $$$$$ capgun.

chris

Oh, I didn't know what plug fire cap meant. The guns can fire blanks. Not bullets, but they can go bang from what I understand.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Treadwell @ Apr 29 2006, 03:57 AM) [snapback]1235219[/snapback]</div>
Oh, I didn't know what plug fire cap meant. The guns can fire blanks. Not bullets, but they can go bang from what I understand.
[/b]

They are able to fire using special caps wich are placed in the nose of the dummy shell, when the trigger is pulled the shell hits a firing pin in the barrel and this sets off the cap. The cap has enough power to cycle the action for you, but it does not make the same amount of noise as a conventional blank. If you need help tracking caps etc down PM me and i will try and help.

Cheers

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back