Question Regarding Paint Removal

PredatrHuntr

Master Member
I have a slight problem with a resin Predator bust. I always wash my busts with soap and water, but for some reason this one time I happened to forget :( Now that the primer is coming off, what is the quickest and/or easiest way of removing it? Someone told me to use oven cleaner? And other ideas?

Photo%202016-01-28%2011%2046%2022%20AM.jpg

That's what I would suggest. It's messy, but it works. Use the real stuff, not the dollar store stuff. A friend of mine used to do his in the shower for easy rinsing. I've read some people even just lay a garbage bag down mouth open. This way you just wipe it off and there minimal mess.

I always use acetone but I've never done anything with resin (so unsure if it eats resin too).

Dope

Oven cleaner works well, in your case one of 2 applications should work. I have placed a helmet in a plastic bowl, coated it in Cleaner, covered it with a bag for a half hour or so, then rinsed under water using a stiff bristled brush (plastic) to carefully scrub off the paint. Took a few attempts to get it all off, but it did.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back