Question on dreadlock beads

ksj too small and most of the Predator costume makers maketheir own Beads for Dreads ...LIke I am doing these days .... you just buy some Epoxy Sculpt Clay and you mix it together and you can sculpt directly the beads you want and it takes 24 hours to dry.... and it will be very very strong and hard....that you can paint it with Latex acrylic paint.

ksj too small and most of the Predator costume makers maketheir own Beads for Dreads ...LIke I am doing these days .... you just buy some Epoxy Sculpt Clay and you mix it together and you can sculpt directly the beads you want and it takes 24 hours to dry.... and it will be very very strong and hard....that you can paint it with Latex acrylic paint.

Indeed, you are correct. I am trying to get more down to the roots and earth of things as far as the origins go. Your approach and that of others is more movie accurate. I am actually trying to get closer to the tribal/gladiatorial/mid-evil origins of things that started it. More of the look that inspired it all.

In a tribal origin approach clay sculpting would be an option. If the tribe is more advanced with metallurgy then metal working would be an option. Plus if there is a sensor network tied into the beads then the metallic look helps sell that.

Going with the reggae approach that is the origins of the dreadlocks (my thoughts given research on things) and the fact that swash buckling films were a mainstay of hollywood up until the 70s, going the pirate route is another aspect on the predators origins. Given their vision limitations how could they create advanced weaponry and space faring craft? Is there another species that has better eyesight and technologicial abilities or did they just capture some species and they ended up building an escape craft that they requisitioned? Where are the makers in all of this?

The reggae hair look is from accumulation of oils and special treatments to the hair as it gains length and from lack of proper bathing by today's first world standards. It was also a special type of braiding that that made hair less of a fuss to deal with. As the hair as coated it allows for protection from the sun and the coatings makes it water proof to an extent. The bigger question is whether or not the special coating on the hair couples with the other hairs to create a reflective pass through field. The bigger question still is whether or not the actual beads as they were played a roll in creating, managing, or controlling the field itself and whether or not the beads also enhance the sensory perceptions of the predators themselves.

I am trying to think through the physics and actual reality of how it could possibly work in real life.

In my humble opinion the scientific back story makes for a cooler costume when you explain why those beads and dreads.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back