Question for Vader helmet experts

kalkamel

Master Member
I'm considering purchase of this fan made fiberglass helmet. But I'm not sure of the make. Vader experts please help me out.

Pics below:

275are2.jpg

c07dre2.jpg

a18bre2.jpg

3fd3re2.jpg

cc89re2.jpg

4dfere2.jpg

9f03re2.jpg

539cre2.jpg

Thanks.

Would someone really go through the trouble of recasting that to make it out of fiberglass? Don't get me wrong, I love my Rubies helmet. It's great for a $100 plastic helmet. I don't think I'd want to know what the seller plans to charge for it.

...ask the seller for a pic with the dome off....there could very well be a 4th nose slot, which would be a dead giveaway that it's a Rubies helmet.

I dont think its a recast off a Rubies, I think it IS a Rubies, just with a custom paint job.

There's a guy in LA selling them as "official Licensed" but nowhere in his adds does he say its Rubies.

The thickness of the dome at the front and the nose insert are dead giveaways.

I'd love to know how much he's charging for them (which is essentially a painting service)

Cheers

Jez

Originally posted by KevVader@Mar 6 2006, 08:48 PM
...ask the seller for a pic with the dome off....there could very well be a 4th nose slot, which would be a dead giveaway that it's a Rubies helmet.
[snapback]1199782[/snapback]​

According to the seller, its fiberglass, not plastic.

That looks like a rubies supreame recast helmet it has the nose insert and the tear drop things on the lower part of the eye lids.The neckbrace looks like it might be a jedijeffery neckbrace.

Billy

Originally posted by kalkamel+Mar 6 2006, 10:00 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kalkamel @ Mar 6 2006, 10:00 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-KevVader
@Mar 6 2006, 08:48 PM
[snapback]1199782[/snapback]​

According to the seller, its fiberglass, not plastic.
[snapback]1199799[/snapback]​
[/b]

Either way, you can get a much better fiberglass lid than that.

I agree with Jez, it's probably not fiberglass anyways. Looks like a Rubies repaint to me.

That's a Rubies.

I think anyone with the know how to recast it would have also have known to square up the mouth vents and remove the nose, etc.

Maybe they somehow reinforced it with fiberglass, though even that seems unlikely that fiberglass would stick to the inside of the helmet due to the material.

There is NO licensed helmet made in fiberglass that looks like that.

It's a rubies with out question. What is odd to me is if that is a fiberglass recast you would think he would spend some time fixing all the problems of the rubies befor, even trying to recast it, if done right the rubies can look amazing.
I don't know maybe the guy is lazy and wants to make a quick buck, or maybe he is Bs'ing you and repainted fixed the nose and threw a neckbrace on it
how much dose he want for it??

Originally posted by BingoBongo275@Mar 6 2006, 01:59 PM
I dont think its a recast off a Rubies, I think it IS a Rubies, just with a custom paint job.

There's a guy in LA selling them as "official Licensed" but nowhere in his adds does he say its Rubies.

The thickness of the dome at the front and the nose insert are dead giveaways.

I'd love to know how much he's charging for them (which is essentially a painting service)

Cheers

Jez
[snapback]1199797[/snapback]​
Not to mention the rounded mouth grill, Not a bad paint job though ;)

it is a rubies
i'm sure it is not fiberglass
if you can get this at around $200USD with the neckbrace then go for it
anything more is pretty much a waste

Originally posted by kalkamel@Mar 6 2006, 11:53 PM
Thanks for the heads up, guys. I don't know what I would do without this amazing forum.  :) Cheers.
[snapback]1200349[/snapback]​

Hey, that's what we're all here for.... ;)

I got one more favour to ask. Can anyone who owns the Deluxe Rubies helmet (the pricey fiberglass one) post pics of it with and without the dome as well as inside? Thanks.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back