question about Firefly Tshirts

kimncris

Sr Member
hi I have 2 questions about the Jayne Cobb Tshirts

a) does anyone know who makes this T-shirt replica?

b) is this the only time you ever see him wearing the orange hat? (when he is wearing this shirt -that is?)

just something silly for Comic-con. any tips are appreciated!

-cris

hi I have 2 questions about the Jayne Cobb Tshirts

b) is this the only time you ever see him wearing the orange hat? (when he is wearing this shirt -that is?)

-cris

Yes, Jayne wore this shirt design with the orange hat from Ma Cobb in the episode, "The Message".
I don't remember seeing the hat or the shirt in any other episode, unlike the sleeveless Blue Sun Tee and the orange "28 Fighting Elves" tee, which made it into a couple of eps each.

Mike

PS: Sure, bring on more Jayne Tees.
(Tho' I still need to order the "Perfect Cat" tee from kurtyboy...)

Last edited:
wow that was fast. I will contact him. I suppose they were gone a long time ago? Nice artwork!

I have no idea if he has any left. Haven't actually heard much from him lately.

Thank you for the compliment. If you can't get a shirt from Scott I can send you the file and you could do an iron out if nothing else (which is how they did it on the show)

I've worn my shirt to cons and had so many people ask where I got it. We really need to get a 2nd run done. In long sleeves this time! If anyone's up to it, I have the art available :)

I have no idea if he has any left. Haven't actually heard much from him lately.

Thank you for the compliment. If you can't get a shirt from Scott I can send you the file and you could do an iron out if nothing else (which is how they did it on the show)

I've worn my shirt to cons and had so many people ask where I got it. We really need to get a 2nd run done. In long sleeves this time! If anyone's up to it, I have the art available :)

that is very kind and a good backup plan - thank you. I will let you know when I hear back from Scott.

This is the only screencap I can find at the moment, but it shows that his sleeves were only pushed up, so this was not a short sleeve tee......which makes perfect sense, his Mom did just send him a shiney hat to keep him "warm" :)

-Ss

I'd be interested in a long sleeved shirt also, but it looks a little heavier than a Tee.

themessage063.jpg

themessage204.jpg

I also think it's a brownish color.

themessage065.jpg

Jayne changes out of this shirt to workout (and talk to the shepherd) and back into it for the infirmary and stand-off shots.

Also, a great source for screen caps is:
http://still-flying.net/site.php
under screencaps and pictures.

Mike

Hmmm. Looks heavier than a tee but not quite as heavy as a sweatshirt. I wonder what they used.

My thoughts exactly.
Is there such a thing as heavy weight Tee or a lightweight sweatshirt?
The material looks more like a sweatshirt, but not the weight.
I don't know diddley about shirts...

Mike

I'm sure there is such a thing as a light weight sweatshirt (and looking at the collar I'd have to say it is a sweatshirt of some sort) but I have no idea where you'd find them.

As for the color, I think that the brown look is from the lighting. It's also making the graphic look brown when it's actual got a gray background. I adjusted the colors to this pic as best I could and the shirt looks to be dark gray to me.

themessage065.jpg

It's a little lighter than it should be because I was trying to see the collar better. The V stitching under the collar is something I've only ever seen on sweatshirts

Last edited:
It has the classic "V" stitch neckline characteristic of a micro fleece-type sweatshirt. I have some, but have no idea where to get non-embroidered ones...

I'd take one for sure. I do see brown in those pics too, but I think it is the lights. In my bathroom, the lighting makes all of my black clothes look red. Anyway I could settle for black, brown,dark grey, t-shirt, longsleeve, shortsleeve whatever. I'd prefer not a sweatshirt for Comic-Con. That would be a little toasty.... Anyway it just looks light a heavyweight T to me. Like a Beefy-T.

Yeah, I think regardless of what it actaully is or what it truely is, I think a black, longsleeve tee is the way to go. It'd be more comfortable all around and on screen the shirt looked black for the most part, so that's what I would go with.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back