Question about correcting the droop/bend on the barrel of a resin Mal Pistol

DarthCalibar

I just received my resin Mal pistol from Monstersinmotion and I'm not exactly super pleased with it. The barrel is obviously drooped down and slightly twisted to the right. Also, the kit was supposed to be a 3 piece kit with separate grips, but the gun that showed up is a solid cast. :darnkids Anywho, my complaints aside, what's the best method of correcting the barrel?

Possible options:
Heat it up and bend it.
Cut it off and reattach it.
Drill down the center of it and insert some sort of rod for support.

Thoughts? Surely someone has dealt with this, I mean, it makes the gun just look awful.

I'm not exactly super pleased with it. The barrel is obviously drooped down and slightly twisted to the right

sounds like a euphemism for something else to me :lol

Hot/boiling water or a heat gun/hair dryer might soften it enough to straighten it out.

cant you complain to seller as not as advertised and get partial refund or something?

On all my resin kits ,I use a blow dryer and a glove....gets real hot at times...lol ...and use some flat pieces of metal (cut to size of course) and C-clamp it straight and let cool off for 30 minutes and it should stay perfectly straight, now thats what I have done and will continue to do myself , its merely just a suggestion for something to consider on your own techniques ......

In the case of the Mal barrel, boiling water works better. I got a wilco that had a droopy, slightly twisted barrel. The hairdryer wouldn't cover enough area evenly for a smooth fix. The boiling water did. A round barrel wouldn't have been an issue but with the Mal shape you have the corner lines being straight to worry about.

In the case of the Mal barrel, boiling water works better. I got a wilco that had a droopy, slightly twisted barrel. The hairdryer wouldn't cover enough area evenly for a smooth fix. The boiling water did. A round barrel wouldn't have been an issue but with the Mal shape you have the corner lines being straight to worry about.
I agree with you ,if there is significant damage to the barrel ,boiling water and time, getting it set back to normal ,I just merely suggested for a slight droop,a blowdryer is also an option, for something minor.....

I agree with you ,if there is significant damage to the barrel ,boiling water and time, getting it set back to normal ,I just merely suggested for a slight droop,a blowdryer is also an option, for something minor.....

Don't take me wrong, I have used the hairdryer method countless times. It's a quick and, usually, all that's needed fix for stuff like this. I wasn't disagreeing with you, just that I had experience fixing the issue he is currently facing although my Mal came from a different maker. :cool

well until the barrel was actually straightened out ,I personally wouldnt drill thru it or place a metal rod into it until you fix it .....

Can you post a picture? The barrel of the Mal gun isnt long or thick enough to warrant bending from anything but improper cure time or poor storage after being pulled from the mold to cool. Considering where you bought it, its most likely a recast garage kit or a Wilco.

From a buyers stand point, you paid for something that wasnt as advertised. Its more B stock than anything from the sound of it. If they wont take it back pre-paid return shipping, dispute it if you paid via credit card.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back