Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight (Post-release)

Re: Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight

this movie should be awesome!!!!
i'm always game for a tarantino flick!

I don't care what film it is. Give me real 70 mm projection!

No, I do care. I enjoy QTs films.

eruditechick: Omg the #Hateful8 panel is off to an amazing start w/an Ultra Panavision featurette.

empiremagazine: The #HatefulEight panel begins with a panavision history lesson from QT and SLJ. Fun and informative! #sdcc

CJqUip4UkAAT7aP.jpg:large

empiremagazine: The #HatefulEight will be shown on Christmas Day via a Roadshow format in sweet, sweet 70mm across America in around 100 cinemas. #sdcc

Sam_Strange: "It's not like they used these types of lenses on Ben-Hur. These are the lenses they USED on Ben-Hur." #SDCC

empiremagazine: Quentin Tarantino has brought seven whole minutes of specially cut footage for the #sdcc Hall H crowd. There will be blood. #HatefulEight

Opening any film at christmas this year is a risky move, I know its not exactly the same audience as star wars, but there is bound to be some crossover of fans, and they might not be able to get babysitters to see two films.

I think I'm getting more excited for this one than Star Wars. I'm approaching Star Wars cautiously for the reason of over-hype. Don't wanna repeat what happened in 1999. They don't make many westerns in this day and age and I like a good western.

SW is 3/6 with me. The only Tarantino flick I really dislike is Death Proof. I hated Inglourious Basterds on first viewing, thought it was dull and pretentious, but have since come to love it. Everything else he's done I have unequivocally adored.

For me, it's very cut and dry when it comes to my favorite of QT's filmography. They follow as such:

1) Reservoir Dogs
2) Jackie Brown
3/4) Pulp Fiction/Inglorious Basterds*

Everything else is crap to me, after that. Both Kill Bill's, Death Proof, Django. Yeah. Crap.

*Basterds and Pulp Fiction are actually tied for me because a good third in both films are fairly poor to me.

I love every Tarantino film with Inglourious basterds being my favorite. Bring it on!

1*. True Romance (I know he didn't direct this, so maybe it shouldn't be included)
1. Pulp Fiction
2. Kill Bill 1 (almost ruined by David Carradine)
3. Inglourious Basterds (almost ruined by letting Eli Roth play the "Bear Jew" character)
4. Jackie Brown
5. Django Unchained
6. Kill Bill 2 (ruined by David Carradine)
7. Reservoir Dogs
8. Death Proof (mostly because of how poorly acted/written the female DJ character was)

Keep in mind, to me, bad QT is better than most good material from others (I am referring to QT's writing and directing, and NOT referring to QT's acting).
Am very eager to see The Hateful 8.

I'm so biased when it comes to Tarantino. I think I could watch a two hour video of someone taking a dump as long as it's directed and written by him. Have yet to even be slightly disappointed by any of his films. Can't wait for The Hateful 8, way more excited for this than episode 7 even though I'm very excited for episode 7.

That looks awesome, can't wait to see it. Going to have to figure out where the 70mm theaters are around me.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back