Pulp Fiction Ass Watch

thequackdealer

It has been a very long two years searching for the right lancet watch for my collection, and today I finally got a watch that I'm happy with, and it runs! The lugs are smaller than I had expected so I had to use a Dremel on the speidel band. I went with the silver speidel band instead of gold after looking more closely at the screen caps. And without further adieu.
image.jpgimage.jpg
If you have an Ass Watch post a photo, or if you have any questions about the watch or the band please don't hesitate to ask.

NICE. Wow, the one you got looks to be an extremely clean specimen. Mine doesn't run (not an issue for me), but it does have the correct wider lugs.

Mine also has the stainless-finish band, since I believe that is screen-accurate (after having spent DAYS examining screencaps):

Pulp-Fiction-Butch-Coolidge-s-Birthright-Watch-2.jpg

Great piece! I've found a suitable watch band, but I can't find any lancet watch that is similar to the one in the movie. Where did you get your watches? I've been scouring ebay for some time now, and nothing has popped up.

Thanks

Great piece! I've found a suitable watch band, but I can't find any lancet watch that is similar to the one in the movie. Where did you get your watches? I've been scouring ebay for some time now, and nothing has popped up.

Thanks
Most people end up finding them on e-Bay. You need to use search criteria like: "Trench Watch", "WWI Watch", "Wire Lug Watch", etc.

I ended up with mine by purchasing several broken *parts* watches (i.e., one with the correct hands, one with the correct case, one with the correct face, etc), disassembling them, & then REassembling one using the most screen-accurate parts.

Good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

Really cool prop! One of my favorite movie ;)
How much it is for a watch like that?
Depending on the number of watchful/informed bidders, I've seen them go for $25, & all the way up to $3000.

Most people end up finding them on e-Bay. You need to use search criteria like: "Trench Watch", "WWI Watch", "Wire Lug Watch", etc.

I ended up with mine by purchasing several broken *parts* watches (i.e., one with the correct hands, one with the correct case, one with the correct face, etc), disassembling them, & then REassembling one using the most screen-accurate parts.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice!

Thanks

It took me well over a year with ebay alerts for every search term related to the watch to find one that was suitable, and it still isn't completely SA. These were made 90-100 years ago now, and not many people who have them put them up for sale. Good luck, you might find one next week, or maybe next year. And they usually go for around 100-300 dollars when they come up depending on condition.

Got my Kangaroo dresser yesterday and my Zed's keys set from @DRBJR and @Nexus6 few weeks ago.
I just need to find a display trench watch to grow my pulp fiction prop collection ;)

Last edited:
It has been a very long two years searching for the right lancet watch for my collection, and today I finally got a watch that I'm happy with, and it runs! The lugs are smaller than I had expected so I had to use a Dremel on the speidel band. I went with the silver speidel band instead of gold after looking more closely at the screen caps. And without further adieu.
View attachment 419733View attachment 419734
If you have an Ass Watch post a photo, or if you have any questions about the watch or the band please don't hesitate to ask.

Hi, new user here... I was wondering what expanding bracelet you used specifically, and how you managed to afix it to the watch's lugs?

- - - Updated - - -

Or, I would appreciate information from anyone else for that matter... I am not very familiar with these forums but it seems the original poster was banned.

Hi, new user here... I was wondering what expanding bracelet you used specifically, and how you managed to afix it to the watch's lugs?

- - - Updated - - -

Or, I would appreciate information from anyone else for that matter... I am not very familiar with these forums but it seems the original poster was banned.
The OP had asked me about the band I bought for my watch; pretty sure he ended up getting the one I told him about.

Making it fit is pretty easy. Once you get the band, it will probably be obvious. The ends of the band are like a sort of "hook", you just slip them over the lugs. If your lugs are too narrow, you have to slightly modify the ends of the band, so they are narrow enough to go over the lugs. You can see it if you compare his photos (narrow lugs) to mine (screen-accurate lugs).

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back