PropShop announces TFA Props!

Since Propshop went into administration - owing many people thousands and even more people products, I would imagine he's not answering his phone...
He'd already set up a new company though. Not making anything practically, just scanning and digital assets etc.

Since Propshop went into administration - owing many people thousands and even more people products, I would imagine he's not answering his phone...
He'd already set up a new company though. Not making anything practically, just scanning and digital assets etc.

pretty sure everyone who has ordered has been refunded. at least thats what has happened to the members here who have purchased items there weren't delivered. unless there is something i missed? i thought he was still in good standing with sending refunds

I'm pretty annoyed that I was taken in by those bad photos, to the point that after a year of waiting and dreaming of owning the Kylo Helmet, I actually cancelled my order. Admitted, I was a bit drunk when I cancelled, haha! I woke up this morning thinking 'what the hell did I do that for, so close to the goal'.

thanks to Got Maul for his quick reactions in reversing my cancellation. I feel like an idiot.

Can't wait to get this mask... it's going to be spectacular!

I'm pretty annoyed that I was taken in by those bad photos, to the point that after a year of waiting and dreaming of owning the Kylo Helmet, I actually cancelled my order. Admitted, I was a bit drunk when I cancelled, haha! I woke up this morning thinking 'what the hell did I do that for, so close to the goal'.

thanks to Got Maul for his quick reactions in reversing my cancellation. I feel like an idiot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wait, so you seriously just upped and canceled your order based off those pictures without confirming they were the final product? Wow, that's ballsy. I would have at least waited until I got the product in hand and judged if for my self or waited until some reviews came in from this site.

Just shows you how good a company ANOVOS is by allowing you to cancel your cancellation. LOL.

MTFBY and LLAP and Take Care,

Rick

Wait, so you seriously just upped and canceled your order based off those pictures without confirming they were the final product? Wow, that's ballsy. I would have at least waited until I got the product in hand and judged if for my self or waited until some reviews came in from this site.

Just shows you how good a company ANOVOS is by allowing you to cancel your cancellation. LOL.

MTFBY and LLAP and Take Care,

Rick

sorry... wrong thread! haha! that's me all over.... rushing in!

yes, I cancelled my Anovos order... yes I was drunk... and yes Anovos did me a big favour! I'd be gutted if that cancellation had gone through! even my wife said I was an idiot! and she didn't want me to buy it in the first place! haha!

pretty sure everyone who has ordered has been refunded. at least thats what has happened to the members here who have purchased items there weren't delivered. unless there is something i missed? i thought he was still in good standing with sending refunds

Nope, a friend of me ordered all props twice at Celebration. So you can guess the amount of money he put in there. Since he ordered directly at Propshop there Disney will not refund him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Disney had to step in and refund all the product that Propshop took orders for. Just for the record, the PMMA prints were done by Voxeljet, not Propshop. The 3D prints were all done and delivered to propshop, Propshop had lots of problems with the finishing etc. creating delays in getting the orders out/

Nope, a friend of me ordered all props twice at Celebration. So you can guess the amount of money he put in there. Since he ordered directly at Propshop there Disney will not refund him.

If your friend ordered any props and did not receive a refund, then have him contact me directly and I will represent him and contact Disney on his behalf. Just PM me and I will give you me contact information.

MTFBWY and LLAP and Take Care,

Rick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disney had to step in and refund all the product that Propshop took orders for. Just for the record, the PMMA prints were done by Voxeljet, not Propshop. The 3D prints were all done and delivered to propshop, Propshop had lots of problems with the finishing etc. creating delays in getting the orders out/

That falls within the same feedback I saw regarding their quality for producing some of the weapon props in TFA. Additionally, I am facebook friends with one of the extras (snowtrooper extras) and he was telling me how craptastic the blasters were by constantly breaking and needing to be repaired...and they were just holding them!

Yes, that's absolutely true. PMMA resin is cheap, low res 3D printing, it's designed for large format rapid prototyping, not action props. Propshop considered moulding and casting to be 'old fashioned' and were desperate to 3D print everything, it caused them continuous problems...

That falls within the same feedback I saw regarding their quality for producing some of the weapon props in TFA. Additionally, I am facebook friends with one of the extras (snowtrooper extras) and he was telling me how craptastic the blasters were by constantly breaking and needing to be repaired...and they were just holding them!

My source tells me that the brought 20 3D printed Kylo Ren light sabers to the set every day because of breakage. Rather than make the props better, they would just make more cheap 3D prints available, and since the light saber was clipped onto Kylo's belt, it would constantly fall off and break.

When they showed up to the blade runner 2 set, they did not have 20 PDK blasters available, and the two they did have broke and delayed production to a point where it got them fired and was the final straw and the end of the end for them. It was after that Disney pulled their contract. They were paid by WB upfront for their work on blade runner 2 and could not deliver.

Again I stress that I'm only spreading rumors from a reliable source, and I do not have direct knowledge of any of these statements or facts.

Rick

If your friend ordered any props and did not receive a refund, then have him contact me directly and I will represent him and contact Disney on his behalf. Just PM me and I will give you me contact information.

Rick

Thanks for your help. My friend owns a BIG online toy shop here in Germany and he already contacted Disney weeks ago. They told him that there's no record of his purchase, so they don't refund him. My friend has Mails from Propshop with his order, but he has no proof, that he paid. Thats the "funny" thing. Propshop called him a week before they closed that he has to send the money. Just sayin' its a five digit amount. He did it via bank transfer, so no chance to get the money back this way. And since Disney has no record of the purchase, they won't refund him. Right know, he is in contact with Propshops insolvency practitioner

Well since Prop Shop may have been in partnership with Disney they may be liable. It would be worth checking out. If your friend is in Germany how did he plan on getting the products as it appeared Prop Shop was only licensed to sell in the United States and not worldwide.

I am sure your friend has proof of the wire transfer, or he can get proof of the wire transfer. When I spoke to James Enright last summer, he told me that he did have a buyer who purchased two of everything.

If there are no assets to be liquidated in the bankruptcy of prop shop, then your friend is not going to receive any money. His only choice maybe is to go after Disney but he will need to sue them here in the United States in federal court. It would be an interesting case to pursue. Just a thought.

That doesn't surprise me. I've been told that Propshop were taking orders from anyone they could, KNOWING they would not be able to deliver. The business was deliberately run into the ground.
Bladerunner 2 was a total disaster. Propshop failed to deliver the spinners and other vehicles and they've ended up having to go the CG route rather than practical. James Enright's name is dirt in the industry.

Well since Prop Shop may have been in partnership with Disney they may be liable. It would be worth checking out. If your friend is in Germany how did he plan on getting the products as it appeared Prop Shop was only licensed to sell in the United States and not worldwide.

I am sure your friend has proof of the wire transfer, or he can get proof of the wire transfer. When I spoke to James Enright last summer, he told me that he did have a buyer who purchased two of everything.

If there are no assets to be liquidated in the bankruptcy of prop shop, then your friend is not going to receive any money. His only choice maybe is to go after Disney but he will need to sue them here in the United States in federal court. It would be an interesting case to pursue. Just a thought.

I will talk to him. Well the guys from Propshop said, it doesn't matter where you are from, if you buy at Celebration. Harrods also sold the props there for European customers. So I'm sure James talked about my friend who ordered every prop twice. He wanted to resell his Kylo to me.. too bad. Nevertheless, this is what Propshop told us there.

My source tells me that the brought 20 3D printed Kylo Ren light sabers to the set every day because of breakage. Rather than make the props better, they would just make more cheap 3D prints available, and since the light saber was clipped onto Kylo's belt, it would constantly fall off and break.

When they showed up to the blade runner 2 set, they did not have 20 PDK blasters available, and the two they did have broke and delayed production to a point where it got them fired and was the final straw and the end of the end for them. It was after that Disney pulled their contract. They were paid by WB upfront for their work on blade runner 2 and could not deliver.

Again I stress that I'm only spreading rumors from a reliable source, and I do not have direct knowledge of any of these statements or facts.

Rick

Logic would dictate that after so many of these issues that someone with a brain would be like "We need to re-evaluate how we make these props." Evidently if that's true, that's just beyond irresponsible....did someone calling the shots have such a hard on for using 3D prints? Was it just out of pure laziness? Or did these people not really know how to do anything BUT 3D print a prop?

It's starting to sound like a scam to me now based on that information...they duped Disney

******, that makes me angry. There's a million other extremely talented prop artists on this site that know significantly better than these folks to pull that kind of crap that could have done a job a 10000% better than these folks...but no, Disney doesn't always want to pull the talent where it best congregates

I think Prop Shop bought several very expensive 3-D printing machines, and thought they were the answer to make quick props and then thought hey let's make prop replicas to sell to the public. Since they really did not know anything about the 3-D printing process, when all hell broke loose, they did not know how to handle the mess they had caused.

I think Prop Shop bought several very expensive 3-D printing machines, and thought they were the answer to make quick props and then thought hey let's make prop replicas to sell to the public. Since they really did not know anything about the 3-D printing process, when all hell broke loose, they did not know how to handle the mess they had caused.

If that was the case, who the hell in the TFA production thought they would be good to contract for the film?

Were they "buddy-buddy" with someone high up at Pine Wood?

If having high-end 3D printers that seemingly are designed wholly for just prototyping qualifies an entity for being contracted for a film's prop production, then golly, than any joe shmoe with enough $$ to throw at equipment can be a prop maker for a Star Wars film

It'd sure be a shame, if you know, someone else with the actual know-how and skill set to make movie props came along and took that away from them

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back