Prop Help

JohnnyReb

Hi all, new here and must say all of you are very talented. I don't have much of that but am working on some prop accesories for daughters sexy harely quinn costume. I am doing her mallet but had issues with the paint on cardboard so am re-wrapping it in foam. What is the best paint to use for foam? I also will be doing a pale yellow with dark cherry mixed with glaze on top and using a wood grain painting tool. Here are some pics. Any advice would be helpfull. BTW this is not meant to be accurate. Just a cool prop for her outfit.

Here is the tube of the mallet. The inner core is a smaller tube i did with cork, papertowl roll and spray foam then did another larger outer core i covered in rubber drawer matt.

1 by remmi28, on Flickr

More pics, thought bout just doing a cork outer layer if the painting doesn't come out well on the foam. This is what it would look like.

3 by remmi28, on Flickr

2 by remmi28, on Flickr

5 by remmi28, on Flickr

4 by remmi28, on Flickr

Last edited:
For a costume and the base involved, look into off the shelf wood grain tac paper. The same stuff you would use to line a kitchen shelf with.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back