Prop cigar in my mouth potential issues?

DR4296

OK, so I bought a couple of prop cigars to go along with my Halloween costume. They have tiny LEDs in the tips that glow red.
Anyways, the "wrapper" was basically paper-bag colored, which seemed kind of lame, so I painted them all with a darker brown acrylic paint.

Now, these wrappers are still basically paper (over plastic tubes).

I'm wondering what I can do to prep these cigars so that:
a) The paper on the end doesn't deteriorate in my mouth over the course of a couple of hours.
b) Ummm.... I don't know if I might experience any... uhhh... health issues... from having that acrylic paint in contact with my mouth over time?

How ironic. I was going to post something similar as I'm wearing my "Man with no Name" costume to work on Halloween and was looking for suggestions for a fake cigarillo.

Untitled-2.jpg

Google is your friend. :p

try finding a fingertip protector in the appropriate color. they're silicone and you can hold em in your mouth all day without ill effect. you could also dip the end in wax and see how that fares. the wax SHOULD penetrate the paper and stay pretty well on. you'd have to test if the acrylic paint will hold fast once you dip it tho.

Perhaps some clear coat that would totally seal the acrylic paint and fumes and still be "food safe" ?
Or am I just wishful thinking ? :D

Perhaps some clear coat that would totally seal the acrylic paint and fumes and still be "food safe" ?
Or am I just wishful thinking ? :D

Googling suggested that Shellac is non-toxic:

I might try that, if I can't find fingertip protectors or a vinyl glove... in a clear color that I can paint the inside of.

many epoxies are food safe once 100% cured. Meaning you can mix up some clear epoxy, paint it on the end, wait a week and you can put your mouth on it. If you are unsure, you can get epoxy that is stamped as food safe and regulated by the FDA.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back