Prometheus (Post-release)

Like I said, Im pretty sure we see the A3 xeno eat one of the prisoners.
I have always wondered what the hell it was doing there. It almost had a regurgitating motion, but the scene is so brief it is hard to tell anything. They did a good job of keeping the Alien somewhat Alien in that flick.

Ridley Scott an amateur? You are making a far to big deal out of it.

Again, the man got lost on his own tour. A professional comes prepared and ready, an amateur does not.

While I think Scott's heart was in the write place for Prometheus, direction isn't worth much if the flaws of the story stand out more than the characters do.

I have always wondered what the hell it was doing there. It almost had a regurgitating motion, but the scene is so brief it is hard to tell anything. They did a good job of keeping the Alien somewhat Alien in that flick.

I always thought the A3 Alien was eating them. I haven't seen it for a few years but isn't there a scene where it's eating one of the prisoners and Ripley is trying to pull the body away from it briefly?

They kept stating all over the A3 commentary that they were the only movie showing the alien eating, if I remember correctly.

For a Xenomorph that knows a queen is on it's way and that her eggs will need hosts in order to make more aliens, this alien is kind of stupid.

Say what you want about how evil James Cameron was by making the aliens act like bugs, but at least he took the "taking victims alive" from the first movie to heart. These aren't creatures who just want to kill you to eat you. They want to capture you, immobilize you, rape you and than kill you through a painful birth. The way the Alien in Alien3 behaves is more of a "slasher" the way it picks off characters left and right. There's nothing to this alien.

Last edited:
The way the Alien in Alien3 behaves is more of a "slasher" the way it picks off characters left and right. There's nothing to this alien.

Maybe that has to do with the host being a Dog, or Bull, whichever version you watch...

It's possible it was killing to protect the queen??? I mean, once the queen is born and starts producing eggs, its only a matter of time before something comes along to get impregnated

I assumed it was killing everyone to protect the queen. No logic in saving people to keep them alive for face huggers to infect later when the #1 priority would be taking out anything that could possibly harm the queen. Without the queen there would be no face huggers. Well, in Cameron's alien universe, anyway.

I always thought the A3 Alien was eating them. I haven't seen it for a few years but isn't there a scene where it's eating one of the prisoners and Ripley is trying to pull the body away from it briefly?
There are several shots of the Alien doing something, but never one showing it actually eating. The first full body shot of the alien "eating" actually looks like it is having sex with the guy, the way it was moving, and the guys body is slamming up and down. Its head was buried where the guys head would have been, but when the Alien turns to face the camera, there is no blood.

Then later we see the alien grab a body and pull it into a corridor, presumably to eat, but we never see this. When Ripley beats on the alien a few minutes later, it just looks like the alien was tearing his victim apart. That's what they say it is doing in the commentary too. No definite shot of it eating in any of those scenes. It is almost as if they left it intentionally vague.

Last edited:
Before the Alien DC, with the reinserted egg scene, one theory was that there were different casts of aliens. The smooth heads were aggresive warriors, designed to kill. The ridged heads with no dome were drones, designed to capture and tend to the hive.

The warriors are more intelligent and stalk and sneak. The drones are stupid and run infront of machine guns no mather what.

I did like that one, as it explains the behaviour. Even the retard xenos in ALIENS. ;)

"God doesn't build in straight lines."

attachment.php

By A3 the creature was basically reduced to a mindless slasher monster, because that's apparently what the producers and movie studious thought was the basics of the success.

For that I love Prometheus' effort of doing something deeper. It could just have been better by staying away from the slasher/horror movie cliche formula. For one thing... I would have loved to hear more about what made Shaw and Holloway come to the conclusion that we were engineered by the alien creatures pointing towards the stars - it just skipped over that to go to the boring horror crap with stupid characters. I still would have liked at least some discussion amongst the characters about what they were discovering... what they were traveling towards... SOMETHING other than mindless "hey the robot's bad, no he's not, yes he is" and "ooh, I'm so stupid, I'll pet a penis hissing at me". That's what crappy movies do... skip the interesting stuff to go to the "action" and "stupid deaths".

In all honesty... showing no "living" aliens at all in Prometheus could even have been better.
- going to the moon, finding the silos, finding the decayed corpses, finding the head, finding that it looks human, finding the ampules, taking one back on board for examination, the infection spreading, the people turning on each other, David discovering that the engineers had targeted Earth for extermination/advanced evolution through the black goop, but that they were stopped by an outbreak. David saving a few of the people (or just Shaw) and takes them into one of the derelicts, them deciding to travel to the engineer homeworld (due to orders from Weyland who would still be in stasis).
But at least have the characters discuss, argue, react to what they are finding.

Last edited:
Before the Alien DC, with the reinserted egg scene, one theory was that there were different casts of aliens. The smooth heads were aggresive warriors, designed to kill. The ridged heads with no dome were drones, designed to capture and tend to the hive.
Several theories were created by fans (the ones who did not hate the whole very un-alien queen/hive idea to begin with) to explain away the messy things in that film, but the reality of it is that Cameron just thought the domes would be easily breakable in filming so he eliminated them to save money. He later said he thought the ridges under the dome looked "more interesting". Just like he thought having the air in the Sulaco hangar take 5 minutes to escape with the hangar door wide open (!) was more interesting than the reality that it would be almost instantaneous, regardless of how many people groaned in the theater while watching that scene.
(kidding - I have actually grown to like the film over the years)

I did like that one, as it explains the behavior. Even the retard xenos in ALIENS. ;)
But those retarded xenos were intelligent enough to cut the power :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back