Profiles In History Star Wars Costumes Sell At Auction

ep1972

I didn't find any other threads on these pieces so here it is.

Original Return of the Jedi Darth Vader touring suit just sold at Profiles in History for $120,000 plus commission. I guess there is a lot more interest even on the touring suits than some members here have said in the past. If I had the money, I would have bought it. Thoughts?

Profiles in History

Don Post C3PO statue sold for $20,000.

Profiles in History

The onset Yoda puppet used for rehersals old for $22,000

http://bid.profilesinhistory.com/Yo...s-Episode-V-The-Empire-Strikes-Back_i11537514

George Lucas Camera Used To Film Star Wars sold for $625,000

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-camera-fetches-record-269780

Last edited:
Well, this one comment from the description can explain why it went for what it did.

"One could never expect to acquire a complete screen-used Darth Vader, so this is a rare opportunity for a collector to a obtain a precise, production-authorized touring costume."

Would be nice to have!

Well, this one comment from the description can explain why it went for what it did.

"One could never expect to acquire a complete screen-used Darth Vader, so this is a rare opportunity for a collector to a obtain a precise, production-authorized touring costume."

Would be nice to have!

It's a true statement. I defiantly would pay the money for it. Of course if I had that kind of disposable income........:unsure

Nice links, thanks for sharing! :thumbsup

That's a really nice Vader costume. Here it is, from the PIH website, for the benefit of those people who don't bother clicking the link :

21604_1099_1_lg.jpg

Whoah... it shure is purrddyy! :love

Sadly not a screenused Darth Vader costume, but unless you have a wardrobe full of checked shirts, last purchased a razor in 1975 and your initials are G.L., it's unlikely you'll ever be able to factor a screenused Darth Vader costume into the 'feng-shui' in your Study /Den!

Let's hope that someone here has bought it, with the intention of moulding and replicating every last square inch of the costume, in order to make über-accurate Replica Vader components available for the rest of us. :D

Oh well, you never know, eh? Stranger things have happened.... ;)

Cheers,
John
john@manicminer.plus.com

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back