Profiles in History Icons & Legends of Hollywood Auction Nov 12th & 13th

Onkelpsycho

Sr Member
And here we go again.

Some great new stuff, but also some stuff from the last auction. Anyone have an eye on something?

Love the Tim Burton stuff, the props from Addams Family, Die Hard and of course Jurassic Park...

But my favorite is this one, because I still would love to have a full costume:

SST.JPG

The Golden Ticket would be a choice addition to the collection, though I am dubious and would need like to verify its authenticity. Profiles has sold fakes in the past. Plus the price if legit is going to be bonkers

Not sure on the 300 Immortal mask. That it is genuine, I mean. I have one for sale on Comic Connect now. I was told mine was a stunt but my mask doesn't have that top strap. It could be missing on mine. Mine was a semi flexible black urethane with a Silver finish. This says it is "silver plastic." Also seems sharper than mine in the face sculpt. Not sure... I would need to see more.

If my mask is a hero that would explain it. Either way be aware.

Last edited:
Not sure about the authenticity of the Dracula cane. I don't remember making plastic ones.
I made all the original canes, and if memory serves, we only made white bronze ones, that where silver plated. The shaft looks ok, the real ones where "purple heart" wood, with machined aluminum tips.
Also their description of; "while there where versions of metal and wood, with a concealed blade, which could be withdrawn from the staff ,..."
Someone has been confusing aftermarket prop replicas, with screen used props it seems. There where never any bladed canes made for the film.

Not sure about the authenticity of the Dracula cane. I don't remember making plastic ones.
I made all the original canes, and if memory serves, we only made white bronze ones, that where silver plated. The shaft looks ok, the real ones where "purple heart" wood, with machined aluminum tips.
Also their description of; "while there where versions of metal and wood, with a concealed blade, which could be withdrawn from the staff ,..."
Someone has been confusing aftermarket prop replicas, with screen used props it seems. There where never any bladed canes made for the film.
Good to know... Thanks!

Not sure on the 300 Immortal mask. That it is genuine, I mean. I have one for sale on Comic Connect now. I was told mine was a stunt but my mask doesn't have that top strap. It could be missing on mine. Mine was a semi flexible black urethane with a Silver finish. This says it is "silver plastic." Also seems sharper than mine in the face sculpt. Not sure... I would need to see more.

The picture on the listing for the immortal mask is of a NECA replica. It is absolutely not a screen used. Even the color is wrong. I can also see the tells that NECA changed on the mask to tell it apart from real ones.

I have 2 screen used immortal masks and one of the is like the one you describe having.

The picture on the listing for the immortal mask is of a NECA replica. It is absolutely not a screen used. Even the color is wrong. I can also see the tells that NECA changed on the mask to tell it apart from real ones.

I have 2 screen used immortal masks and one of the is like the one you describe having.
Thanks for weighing in. I wasn't sure and kinda felt bad since my mask is for sale at the same time.

Aha, so that is where that mask came from at PiH.

All of the stunt that I have seen only have the straps at the left and right. The heroes I've seen the back of had a top strap. Yours is also too shiny to be a hero. Yours is a stunt.

All of the stunt that I have seen only have the straps at the left and right. The heroes I've seen the back of had a top strap. Yours is also too shiny to be a hero. Yours is a stunt.

I've seen three kinds of masks -The heroes which are made of Fiber glass, -Stunts which were made of flexible urethane, and -Stunt background extras that were made of vacuformed plastic.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back