Printer Recommendations

The Cog

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm not really happy with the Kodak Hero 5.1 that I got at home, and want to start working on some decent paper props for my collection. We have a really nice plotter and laser jet at work, so I am hoping to get a decent Ink Jet for home. Does anyone have any recommendations or printers that they really liked. Are there any features I should look for?

Thanks in advance.

I have the Epson WF-5715 A3 Printer a seperate HP Cn551A Officejet Mobile to print all my paper props as well as access to a Card Printer and these do everythin I want, the one "must have" feature is borderless printing on all sizes thats got to be at the op of your list

The Epson looks great, and I hadn't even thought of the card printer yet, but that could be really useful. Are you happy with both of them? Any recommendations on a card printer? I'ill be shopping for a new printer in the next few weeks and this could be really helpful.

yea both printers are great very pleased with both of them the HP ones great as its portable and work on a rechargeable battery so I can even print on the go, card printers are a whole different ball park but look for one that does double sided and colour I always use Blank cards and any that need magnetic strips or chips I just print that part on as well as its a prop no need for the actual thing plus you can get the prop spot on when you design it yourself, the only thing I will say about the HP is it does not do Borderless A4 but I got the Epson for that so not a problem but thought I should mention it anyway, also look for how cheap the replacement inks are, the Epsons not to expensive but you can also get compatable cartridges as well for a few quid, some are excellent and some are really poor its just trying out a few suppliers and sticking with one thats got good quality carts

If I could just add, try to get a continuous ink supply system if you can. Much cheaper for ink and a lot less cartridge changing in the long run. I've used one for over a year now and had no problems and never worry about running out of ink in the middle of a print job.

bfd

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back