Princess Bride Swords - Costume Pictures, too!

Your costumes look good. How many people recognized you? When I did a Dread Pirate Roberts costume years ago and everybody thought that I was Zorro.

Your costumes look good. How many people recognized you? When I did a Dread Pirate Roberts costume years ago and everybody thought that I was Zorro.
I only remember a couple of people who really didn't know. Lots of people would call out movie lines to us. I think having both characters together cleared up the questions.

Great job creating these replicas. But has anyone else noticed the Inigo Montoya sword has reappeared for sale on Factoryent.com? Shipping 2019.

I'm currently working customizing my own in this vein. Cleaning the rings took some effort, but have a question about the blade's finish. I tried a vinegar cleaning, but it had no effect. This sword is really impressive; light and fast. I'm glad I finally pulled the trigger, as it's a lot cheaper than hunting down a replica sitting at the $1500 level at the moment!!
If I could ask some advice, what was your cleanup on the blade like?
I'm happy you did this for your costume, putting this out there as an option!

I'm currently working customizing my own in this vein. Cleaning the rings took some effort, but have a question about the blade's finish. I tried a vinegar cleaning, but it had no effect. This sword is really impressive; light and fast. I'm glad I finally pulled the trigger, as it's a lot cheaper than hunting down a replica sitting at the $1500 level at the moment!!
If I could ask some advice, what was your cleanup on the blade like?
I'm happy you did this for your costume, putting this out there as an option!
I believe I just scrubbed it with a vinegar-soaked rag until the black came off, then gave it some stainless steel polish to protect it.

Edit: This blade was POWDER COATED lol. It's interesting that there are such differences in manufacturing, also explains the inconstant supply from Amazon. Your guard has sharper castings and a blade it was easy to clean off; mine had a powder coat I had to grind off and not so sharp guard.
I have no deadline, so I'm going a slightly different route. I've sanded off the guard and am smoothing any ugly spots and welds. Luckily it's stainless steel, so I'm going to sand and file it smooth then polish on a wheel. Yours has much sharper details on the quillions, so a bit more carving will be required. I'd like to get a pommel turned from brass or stainless steel, here's hoping I can.

Attachments

• IMG_20210803_180006607.jpg
    IMG_20210803_180006607.jpg
    496.4 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Anyone have any leads as to how to recreate the dread pirate roberts sword? I love the idea of using the Black Marauder Rapier but it isn't sold on amazon anymore :(
Or perhaps somewhere knows where to buy the black marauder rapier at a decent price?

Anyone have any leads as to how to recreate the dread pirate roberts sword? I love the idea of using the Black Marauder Rapier but it isn't sold on amazon anymore :(
Or perhaps somewhere knows where to buy the black marauder rapier at a decent price?
I'm pretty sure there's an official replica out currently

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back