Question Premium option to put ads back on (answered)

Garthok

Sr Member
Hi, Just a quick question/suggestion. Can the Premium members opt to have all the ads showing again. With all that has gone on lately I don't mind seeing and clicking on a few ads to help fund the forum.

Hi, Just a quick question/suggestion. Can the Premium members opt to have all the ads showing again. With all that has gone on lately I don't mind seeing and clicking on a few ads to help fund the forum.

We truly appreciate the desire to help, but at this point, there is no easy way to have it be something that is turned on and off by the member. We have definitely taken a major hit (down about 75%) but with any luck we will have our domain back in early March and will begin to rebuild. In the meantime we will be trying to do additional fundraising efforts like patches and some other things to offset the revenue loss (keep in mind, NONE of our revenue for the site goes to us... to date, we have never made a dime... it ALL goes to supporting the site and paying for our hosting and services). I don't know what the overall intake will ultimately be from the shirt sales, but depending on how much the legal fees end up being, we MAY have a little extra from those sales to help offset the costs of the server and hosting. My point being, while we are very concerned about the finances, thanks to the generosity of members donating and buying shirts, we aren't in immediate danger.

That probably is more information than you needed to know, but just wanted to cover in detail where we are on all of this.

Again, I truly appreciate your desire to continue to help the community.

Thanks Art.
I wasn't after an option to turn it on and off. Just have you guys turn it on until things catch up a bit. Even if it we took a poll with the premium members and the outcome was to leave it on for the remainder of our premium membership. Most of us joined premium, primarily to help support the site, so I doubt too many premium guys would begrudge the ads back on.

I'd be happy to have the ads turned back on again until everything with the domain is settled. I'm sure almost if not all other premium members share that sentiment.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back