Predators Sequel

Predataur

Has there been any announcements/updates on the posibility of a Predators Sequel? Jas Fox given the green light or offered any additional info from the San Diego Comic-con hint?

Fox teased the Predator franchise up (it seemed like they were going to announce a Predators sequel), but then it turned out to just be a tease for a 3d Blueray of the original Predator.
Since then I have heard nothing.

I read an article about two weeks ago (I believe it was Entertainment Weekly) and Brody stated that he wants to do it to show the fans what happens to them. He stated they have been talking about doing it.

Usurper said:
With comments.

This interview comes up every few months, give aways are him talking about Machete  ( not machete kills ) and sin city 2.
Gotchya.  Ok.  Maybe I just want it so bad that I'm delusional :p  False alarm.  Sorry.

lol dude i wish you were/are right. 

we neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed another predator film, heck... who knows after dragoncon with all those preds floating around it may put ideas in the suits heads and RR may start planning in earnest. 

I agree that we need another Predator film, but personally I'd like to see one that is focused more on the Predators as the protagonists/characters, instead of them as the villains. I don't mean like changing their entire look or culture, I just mean so that we can see what's going on from their perspective, and I'd also LOVE to see more Predator combat scenes like the Falconer vs. Hanzo one, simply because I appreciate a good ol' duel when I see one. I just at least wanna have one Predator movie where the Predator doesn't die - that's what always saddens me at the end of the movies - I was always rooting for the predator. :p

Usurper said:
lol dude i wish you were/are right. 

we neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed another predator film, heck... who knows after dragoncon with all those preds floating around it may put ideas in the suits heads and RR may start planning in earnest. 
I'm hoping all the preds floating around DragonCon will give them an idea on where to get extra pred/suit actors for  the next pred film, if  and when they decide  to make another one.

I personally have always been fascinated with Predators as a species/race. I'd like to see more culture/ways of life and native planet in a film. He'll lets face it, I'd like to see a group as the focus. Maybe like a group similar to the Lost Hunters where the characters are not just Predators but they actually take shape individually with their own "uniqueness". I also echo that sentiments of them NOT being portrayed as villains. I do think humans could have their place in the movie, but I'd like Predators and their culture to be the focus. Just venting....

ok as I was just exploring around Wikipedia, I came across Arnies page and saw this, looks promising...

Return to acting

220px-Arnold_Schwarzenegger_2012.jpg

Schwarzenegger at the Paris premiere of The Expendables 2 in August 2012.

In January 2011, just weeks after leaving office in California, Schwarzenegger announced that he was reading several new scripts for future films, one of them being the World War II action drama With Wings as Eagles, written by Randall Wallace, based on a true story.[42][43] On March 6, 2011, at the Arnold Seminar of the Arnold Classic, Schwarzenegger revealed that he was being considered for several films, including sequels to The Terminator and remakes of Predator and The Running Man, and that he was "packaging" a comic book character.[44] The character was later revealed to be the Governator, star of the comic book and animated series of the same name. Schwarzenegger inspired the character and co-developed it with Stan Lee, who would have produced the series. Schwarzenegger would have voiced the Governator.[45][46][47][48]
On May 20, 2011, Schwarzenegger's entertainment counsel announced that all movie projects currently in development were being halted: "Schwarzenegger is focusing on personal matters and is not willing to commit to any production schedules or timelines."[49] On July 11, 2011, it was announced that Schwarzenegger was considering a comeback film despite his legal problems.[50] He appeared in The Expendables 2 (2012),[51] and starred in The Last Stand (2013), his first leading role in 10 years, and Escape Plan (2013), his first co-starring role alongside Sylvester Stallone. His next release is Sabotage (2014). He will reprise his role as Conan the Barbarian in the 2014 film The Legend of Conan[52][53] and is set to star in a fifth Terminator movie.[54]

What better way to bring back The Predator than having Arnold do it?!?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why in the hell would they want to remake Predator.    I have yet to see a remake do the original justice, and trying to remake Predator without SW is a joke.  As much as I would LOVE to see more of the predator, he died along with the creator (may they both RIP  :( ).  I cringe at the movies that came after P2, and hope beyond all hope they will one day finally stop trying to bring back the dead.

This is of course my opinion... YMMV.

Brian

Wonko has a point. And unless stan winston school can do it again with the same artists from the first and second (Shannon Shea, Steve Wang), or have some better director than Paul Anderson, we should just remember the past.

Eli

All good points made above. However, I think there would be some hope for the sequal if Robert Rodriguez sits in the directors seat again, and he has made several mentions of doing a follow-up film. The problem I see is that there needs to be something new. Not the same film with a different name. To be quite honest, what do we have to do, to get a film that actually has more about Pred lore, culture and more Preds?!?! And for the love of everything holy, can it please NOT be on Earth lol?

I think there will be another film on the horizon, especially with Promethius 2 getting the fans ramped up. Usually there is an overlap between the Aliens story and the Predator story and I think the fans of both follow suit. I'm more of a Pred fan but love the Alien franchise as well so I do see something happening. I don't claim to have a crystal ball by any means but I can see another AVP film or a Predators 2 film on the horizon.... maybe by mid-late 2015? A lot of times, we don't hear of these movies till the year of. Maybe I'm just being hopeful...

Like I said, I just hope they do something different like setting it in space (which would require a larger budget) or on the Pred's home planet. Maybe a longer film that can dive into more detail and not just action (similar to what the LOTR an Hobbit movies did). Or even The Walking Dead, which does stray a bit from the comics. I don't know, just thinking outside the box and hoping whoever takes the project on, does the same thing. A larger budget would be needed, a diffferent setting would be needed, and maybe a decent cast with a big name. I would hope its a longer film as well with much more about Pred culture as that's been lacking and the fans have all voiced a strong desire to see it on the big screen. The Predators film did leave an open ending.

Just me .02

I agree with you. What I would like to see is an engineer in his suit against a predator. If they don't combine the two, then they (being directors) should make the setting be on their home planet from AVP2 and show how the yautja survive the conditions of the planet. Or like you said, show their culture and the lifestyle when not hunting. And make the predator SURVIVE!!

Eli

If it was only a sequel they were talking about I wouldn't give it a second thought (it's been talked about for years and has yet to happen).  Since the rumors are about a REMAKE of the original, it's a different thing entirely.  In my humble opinion, there are things that just need to be left alone, and a remake of the original is one of them.  Sure, it may re-introduce our beloved pred to a new generation of movie goers, but there's no way they could do it justice or even remotely come close to making it better.  For me, CGI has ruined the 'look and feel' of the movies they've remade already.  You know as well as I do a new movie would be full of the crap.  I've said it many times before, and I'll say it till the day I die... there is NO WAY to keep the pred franchise alive and make it better than the original.  It'll never happen.  As far as more 'AVP' and 'Predators' crap, I could care less... I won't be watching it!

Brian 

I was wondering this myself just the other day. Predators was surprisingly good. I though they intended to make a sequel, it certainly ended with one set up but we've heard nothing since. I hope we do get another one...

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back