Predator Leather Hand cuff

papopredator

Hello all

I want to show a project I am making on leather. I had purchase one from a friend of mine at dream evil desing his name is Martin Basurto he is a master leather craftman ; the one finiched is his mine is the one in progres , I will be showing my work in steps let me know what you think

Here to all
the cuff is finished
materials are 100% cowhide; the lacing is Kangaroo lace the back side is wrinkle bull skin; the paint is brown and saddletan dies and metalic colors and sealed with Resoline to seal the colors and protect it from water or stains to the leather surface.

Credits:
Drawing created by Predatr Huntr
leather Tooled work and lacing created by papopredator

CIMG2397.JPG

CIMG2408.JPG

CIMG2411.JPG

CIMG2396.JPG

CIMG2400.JPG

CIMG2417.JPG

CIMG2418.JPG

CIMG2419.JPG

CIMG2421.JPG

CIMG2422.JPG

CIMG2423.JPG

CIMG2429.JPG

that is bad ass!! can he make me a bad mother ****** wallet with a predator on it lol? i'd like to know how he did that on the leather its looks really nice.

You know I really wish people would stop and take two minutes to ask my permission before they just go ahead and use my art for their own purpose. I understand using art as a reference but to blatantly copy the exact same work and then claim it as their own...well that just plain irks me.

You know I really wish people would stop and take two minutes to ask my permission before they just go ahead and use my art for their own purpose. I understand using art as a reference but to blatantly copy the exact same work and then claim it as their own...well that just plain irks me.

If it was for reproduction i could understand you being upset, but if its just a 1 of a kind deal then you should feel happy he picked your art over the thousand of other pictres out there. To be honest what are we all doing here? The predator has already been creadted we are just recreating it, some times with a little bit of a spin. Either way great art.

Whether they are being sold or not, my permission should have been asked. Unless the art was altered to the point of being something entirely different, then I have a problem with it. I don't have a problem with people using my stuff to use as a template to work on while they design their own, but copying my art without my permission isn't acceptable.

Copying my art is just that - copying. Tell me what schools find plagiarism acceptable? Can I make a Star Wars movie with the same characters and pawn it off as my own without LucasArts suing my ass off?

In the past I have used other people's ideas and incorporated them into my own style, but I will never outright copy another artist's work. Thats disrespectful and shows a lack of creativity. All I'm trying to say is that when someone wants to use another artist's idea, they should ALWAYS ask permission unless they plan on altering it and making it their own. Bodiee, if you can't understand that then you have obviously never had your work copied.

that would make an awesome wallet the leather work is outstanding !!! awesome concept applying the predator to leather , predatrhuntr i totally feel ya man , but you dont feel a little flattered besides being pissed ?(obivously I"VE never been copied, only imitated lol) honestly in retrospec i would have not seen the design any other way personallyi know we have outstanding drawers on here ,i just dont look usually , i mean its applying a different medium to your design in fact probliy harder right? no doubt you should have been asked , but come on its good work (parented by you ) i believe in the post papo you should give respect , i mean you cant unbake a cake ,but you cant let people think this is all yours, you'll offend and you dont wont to be labled a thief ,

I have had work copied before, its frustrating only when they are trying to sell it.if you have made a P1 P2 sculpt you're copying someone's work. If it upsets you That much I would say put a Sig on it that way if its used You can say somthing. You should feel flattered he likes your work enough to use it, but if you would rather friend then smile that's your choice. Have you ever asked if you could use the predator for a sculpt. Before? We shouldn't throw stones when we all live in glass houses.cheer up friend the guy likes your work, life is good.

Am I flattered? When people take the time to ASK me, yes. When people use my work and don't ask 1st - for profit or not, it comes across as not giving credit where credit is due. I constantly reporting art on DeviantArt that other people copy and redraw their own way. Some people have the balls to say they drew it and completely erase my signature. If I watermark it or not, people will still find a way to copy it. And for the record, I have no problem with other people copying my work - hell even I learned to draw that way, but only in sketches.

papopredator - you've explained yourself, and I have no problem with what you are doing because you are open about it and aren't in this for profit. The work is well done and you should keep at it. Now that I know what you're doing, feel free to use any of my work. All I ask is that you show the end result. Thats it. I'm that easy to get along with. I have people on Deviant Art asking me if they can color my work, and I give them my blessing and tell them the same thing - just show me the end result.

I'm glad all the above drama is settled and it's always nice to see another person keeping the art of leather craft alive. It is a pretty expensive hobby (At least where I live) so I haven't been keeping up with it. Seeing this just might get me back into it! Great job!

PredatrHuntr, Im not joining the argument but i remeber asking you if i could color some of your work you said it was fine.
As long as i gave you credit.
(deviantart)
But papopredator i like the actual stuff you've done but I think you should asked.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back