Predator 1:1 Display Wip

Oh, yeah, it's massive! And all with the metal armature and foam filled resin and fiberglass, etc., it will probably end up weighing as much as a Predator really would, too.

What do you guys think the base should look like? Obviously, he'll be stepping up onto a hunk of boulder or broken log. But I was originally going to have a bit of diarama sculpted onto a round base. Kind of like the upcoming Sideshow statue.

10670-sspredstatue.jpg

My family room has a very high ceiling, which would allow for a huge base like this. Just don't know how high I want to go on it.

with every thread I read I want to dive in and steer a little bit clear of Star Wars stuff for a while..... Beautiful work, your attention to detail is inspiring.

More pics please......

Thanks, guys! I'll pass on the compliments to Bob.

The testfit Pred has been disassembled and more work is being done. Here is a progress pic of the legs getting filled in.

11872-foaming.jpg

And here's a shot to show the sheer mass. This happy customer is 6'2", so that will give you an idea of how big this sucker is.

11871-predatorcomp.jpg

that is so cool, did you get it from morris or through one of their distributors, i would love to get one of those but im pretty sure morris is closed to public sales but i did see one awhile ago from monsters in motion and i believe it was somewhere around 7 or 8 hundred dollars for it.

Well, you kind of have to read the beginning, but it only started off as a Morris display. The half thing, sometimes called a wall relief. I sold the torso, though, and the only things being used from the Morris thing at this point, though, are the legs. The torso is foam filled resin, as are the hands. The feet are foam filled fiberglass.

The legs being half shells make them more easily modified than the solid fiberglass kit version legs.

Morris makes a 3 dimensional rigid foam display for $5,000. This is definitely not that item.

It will definitely be jungle themed.

Just don't know if i want to go with a round base, stick it on a small platform or a tall platform, etc. Still working that out, but open to suggestions if anyone has any ideas.

Absolutely. The legs will be one piece, the feet rotate freely on the rod, the torso is another piece, the head just sits on a post so it can be rotated and moved forward and backward. The hands will also pop in and out.

The hands will probably rotate at the wrist. Aside from that, no.

The possibilitity of a motion sensor rigged out to Pred sound clips has been considered, as well as all kinds of crazy other things . . . lights in his left gauntlet, radio controlled. We'll see. The main thing is to get it built, and then I'll have time to do all sorts of add on things later.

As another teaser of what is to come, here's another example of Joe Evans' paintwork.

This is a Gremlin he did up for me back in December. While my Neca statue was supposed to be an artist proof, it was still more or less a factory paintjob. Here's what Joe did with it:

11880-gremlin2.jpg

Just picked this up on Ebay. I've got a pretty good skull bandoleer put together, but I need to accurize and swap out a few skulls.

This will probably need some modification, may need to Aves up the crest (correct terminology?), and it looks a little weathered, but it's a good base and better than having to completely sculpt a snapping turtle skull.

Bob's going to be modifying his old gauntlet blades to make them even more accurate, so that's covered. I think the only thing I'll need will be those couple of skulls and the spine trophy for the back.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a Neca 1:1 Mohawk from Gremlins2, although the nameplate on the front doesn't have the "2" on it. VERY heavy.

They also later produced a somewhat smaller Gremlin that was maybe 2/3 scale, which I'm assuming was computer scanned and shrunk down. Not sure what the point of it was other than perhaps to reduce shipping mishaps they might have had with the larger scale one.

They are long out of production, but you can still find them on Ebay occassionally. You just have to be careful if you definitely want the full size one because sellers will sometimes accidentally (or perhaps intentionally) list the 3/4 version as 1:1 or lifesize.

Neca will also be putting out a Gremlins 2 puppet for under $200. But it will be the brown version and done, of course, in latex.

Ebay has plenty of vinyl kits that are recasted of the old Japanese full size kit, but the problem with those is that due to the multiple generations of recasting, they are typically SEVERELY undersized.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back