Question posting number issue. (answered)

SUPERprops

I would just like to give a heads up to the mods here that I've noticed the number of post in a thread will say like 26 when there is really 27. And one guy posted and it said he had 0 post.

It doesn't really matter but I just thought I'd throw it out.

Hope that helps.

SP-

Last edited:
Re: posting number issue.

Posts in the OT and JY do NOT count toward a member's post count. Please have the person who posted yet has a 0 post count PM a staff member and we will take a look at it.

Oh, ya it was in the off-topic zone. And I just realized that it (for the other case) says 26 replies instead of posts...... so now I fell real stupid. :confused.... :lol

This can be deleted to free up space.

Sorry,

SP-

Also, i'll post this here for future reference... if a new member makes his only post in a thread that gets moved to the OT forum, his post count will go to 0 even thought he obviously has 1 post.

It looks weird when you see it, but it makes sense based on how the system works.

Don't think it needs a new thread, so I'll throw it out here - I've seen quite a lot of new members with very low post numbers (like 2 or 3) posting in the Junkyard and Paper Props sections recently. Did the rules for restricted access change, or is there a bug in the system?

Don't think it needs a new thread, so I'll throw it out here - I've seen quite a lot of new members with very low post numbers (like 2 or 3) posting in the Junkyard and Paper Props sections recently. Did the rules for restricted access change, or is there a bug in the system?
As mentioned above, that is the result of a thread being moved into the Junkyard, but if you don't mind, please post links to those threads so that we can take a look at them. Thanks.

EDIT: Also, as an FYI, the paper prop sub-forum is no longer a restricted area like the OT or JY forums, but it does still have the "members only" restriction.

Last edited:

As mentioned above, that is the result of a thread being moved into the Junkyard, but if you don't mind, please post links to those threads so that we can take a look at them. Thanks.

EDIT: Also, as an FYI, the paper prop sub-forum is no longer a restricted area like the OT or JY forums, but it does still have the "members only" restriction.

I had a look back in the Junkyard - seems I got my wires crossed - it was the very low post numbers posting in the Paper Prop forum that threw me (was still thinking you needed a minimum post number before gaining access to it). Couldn't see anything in the JY - must have imagined it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back