Post your favorite movie/TV jackets & coats

Re: Post your favorite movie jackets

Jackets from movies? What a peculiar thread.;) I don't know much about jackets, but have to say my favorites are:

Indy's jacket from Raiders
Martin Riggs jacket from Lethal Weapon 4
Tom Cruise War of the Worlds jacket
Wolverines jacket from X-1

Mike

:lol Like a hound dog, sniffing for jackets...
I actually like the majority of the jackets posted here, as they are all awesome in their own right. But there is that one jacket that has to stick out more than others. As Mike said, the X1 was a winner. I have so many to chose from, the Bates T2 to the Crow trench coat to most recently the War of the Worlds jacket....yeah I caught that bug too. :)

-Tony

Connor MacCleod's jacket from Highlander

11238166_gal.jpg

Because everyone needs a jacket that can magically hide 3 ft + swords into zeist pockets...

My favourite is from The Charge Of The Light Brigade, starring the late David Hemmings. I've made a version of this jacket but I won't clog up your thread with the photos.

Davidhemmings.jpg

Because they look handcrafted by the hook closures. Raw-edged leather base slightly aswked shapes, tells me this parka was hand made as a one-off. It has some Belstaff qulaity details like the shoulders and snaps. So it could be that they used a Belstaff, removed the zipperpull tab(as that is a dead give-away) added the hook clips on and then painted the whole thing white for just the snow scenes. A clever way to add yet another Belstaff in the filming mix to me. I'll see if I can find something from Belstaff that matches the sideways pocket on the left.

310_to_Yuma__Charlie_Prince_ReLoading.jpg

tf.org-310-to-Yuma-free.jpg

Ben Foster as Charlie Prince from "3:10 to Yuma."

This one. Forever. I've lusted after very few coats like this one.

Alan Cummings has one from Plunkett & Macleane I'm a big fan of, too. I don't have a picture anywhere, but it's luscious. Actually, any of the coats in that movie, really.

I don't own any jackets from movies/TV or any other pop culture media, though there are SOOOOOOO many I would like to own/make! Media jackets have always held my interest. I am partial to dusters, trench and over coats i.e. Navy pea coats, the Russian military styles, etc..

I REALLY want the weird trench coats worn by the 2 main leads in Brotherhood of the Wolf! Those are awesome!

About the closest thing I have is a jean jacket I altered. I was so inspired by the first season of HBO's Game of Thrones, I painted/lettered my jacket in the style of a Stark banner man. As if my house were sworn to house: Stark, but in a modern style(of course).

Does anyone want to see it? It's not exactly in the nature of the thread, hence my hesitation.

Most of my favorites have already been mentioned but I had to post since I haven't seen this one yet in the thread and I found a decent starter jacket today for $10 at a garage sale.

EFNY Jacket

mc-escape-ft-big.jpg

Garage sale jacket.

IMG_5026.jpg

And I would tend to agree with Zombie on the jacket but it's hard to tell with all the gear and the Garand ammo belt in the way.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back